Right now I have a line 6 spider 3 amp and am looking to finally upgrade beyond that. So I've been researching for months and tried the peavey valveking 112 at guitar center, only to come to the conclusion of a draw. The HT-5 seems to have a lot more versatile sound(which I need) and several people complain that for the valveking to sound good you have to replace the speaker, which would add to the cost quite a bit. So it seems like the HT-5 would be the right choice easily, wrong. I just got offers to play in a couple local church bands and am going to need something that can be heard above drums and everything. It doesn't need to be crazy loud just loud enough to be heard in a worship team. So is the HT-5 going to be loud enough for my needs or do I need to look elsewhere? And does the valveking sound fine without a speaker upgrade. Clearly I need help in making my decision. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Tone wise, HT-5 hands down. I don't know if its loud enough though.... You can use the speaker out to plug right into the pa tho, if there is one.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by Ghast
Tone wise, HT-5 hands down. I don't know if its loud enough though.... You can use the speaker out to plug right into the pa tho, if there is one.

This..
If you choose the valveking I recommend to get the head OR the 212.

I own a 112 and it has less features and sounds quite harsh without an additional cab.
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Tone: HT-5

Gigging: Valveking
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
put it this way...i play in a church band. we have a pa. our sound tech wants as low of a stage volume as possible. so, you better ask about the stage volume concerns at the church before you get the valveking.

in this case, HT-5 and a mic!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Thanks everyone so much for all your input. I've made up my mind, I'm going to spring for the HT-5.