Hey.

Ive found that my stage presence has been extremely limited by me always worrying about my cables and such, so I decieed a wireless system would be a good investment.

Do any of you use these?

My budget is up to around $150.00

Whats the best one any of you know of for a good price?
i doubt you can get a decent one for that much. and i heard somewhere that the government were selling off the frequencies used for wireless instruments for some other form of media. but that might only be britain.

EDIT: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&src=wireless+bass don't know if the two there are in anyway helpful
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Nov 28, 2009,
TBH, at that budget, its going to be hard to find a good wireless setup. This is one area you don't want to go cheap. Even the lower Sennheisers start at ~200 - 250
If you are overseas (the U.K. or Europe), you definitely want a wireless system with as many different frequencies as is possible. Many of the frequencies commonly used for wireless systems in the U.S.A. are restricted for the military in the U.K. and Europe, so something with only eight channels might not work for you. And you will certainly have to spend at least US$400.00 for a decent wireless system. Here is a good one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg:
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=UX1000-BP&cid=36

With 960 channels to choose from, you'll never find yourself in a bind.
well if your not a professional i dont imagine you having all of theese issues but i would reccomend spending at least two hundred. make sure it is designed for low frequencies or the broadest frequencies trasfered.

you might want to take this question to another forum like gear and accesories
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
just in case anyone in the uk is thinking of going down this route DON'T. The regulator OFCOM has recommended selling the frequencies used by wireless systems to the mobile phone companies. This will make your wireless system useless and compensation is likely to be about 1/5th the value of your gear. the same is true of radio mic's.

More details on the news section of UG or go to the BBC.