Ok i first i got an Ibanez RG1570, i like it a lot, buy im selling for buying another, I like some heavy metal like liron maiden, ozzy osbourne, dream theater and that but also i like blues a lot.

I want a guitar that is good for both styles i have been thinking of another RG1570 or a jackson DK1, or a Fender American Strat.

Tell me wich is the best for the styles that i play. also i like a lot the neoclassical style like Becker and Malmsteen

ALSO can anyone say me what effects should i must have for blues, i think only overdrive.

I think for what i play a Boss DS-2 (Overdrive and distortion together) and a Wah pedal would be ok.
Last edited by matemego at Nov 28, 2009,
i would suggest you get something that has a hss set up or hsh both with a coil tap, i wouldn't look at a fender strat, maybe an ibanez s or sa series is what you are after
I'm going to have to say Strat. Try to get a HSS strat. Sound isnt everything. Feel has a lot to do with it as well. I actually take how the guitar feels over how it sounds. You got to try them out to find out what feels the best to you.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by britishsligean
i would suggest you get something that has a hss set up or hsh both with a coil tap, i wouldn't look at a fender strat, maybe an ibanez s or sa series is what you are after

I think that, I have 1000 US but i want to get the best for the styles that i play and the best for the money.

The strato and the ibanez rg1570 that i have cost the same but for my styles and for the price wich one is better?

So u know the question.

And no i cant try anything in my city, Also us can tell to me how is the feeling of the strat? I like a lot the neck and that of my Ibanez RG1570.
what i would do is i would get the strat but not an american strat just a regular strat that doesnt cost as much then put in a floyd rose, grover tuners, and a humbucker on the brige with a coil tap.
remember also malmstreen plays a strat, with dimarzio pups and scalloped past the (17th?) fret...

so why are you thinking of selling ur rg1570 and buying another?
Quote by Guitar2theface
IIRC Malmsteen's whole fretboard is scalloped.

kk thx
not a big fan myself, i just noticed once.
It seems that the strat is the better guitar for the styles that i like and for the price, But is the floyd rose used in the styles that i mentioned i think no. so why get one?.

The humbucker would be for metal and the bridge pickup would be for blues and that no?

and whats a coil tap
Because i buyed it cheap on ebay and in my country i can make profit selling it.
Cause my old teacher said that fenders were bad guitars but i really want an american strato, thats a good deal for the money or there are better guitars for the money and for the style that i like?

Because all the blues/neoclassical players have stratos and i have seen in youtube some guys playing metal with strats.

I think i can get a strato, buy a distortion pickup for the bridge, for metal or distortion blues, and a single coil for the neck, for the cleans and whatever mid pickup.

So what? Is Ok?
Quote by matemego
It seems that the strat is the better guitar for the styles that i like and for the price, But is the floyd rose used in the styles that i mentioned i think no. so why get one?.

The humbucker would be for metal and the bridge pickup would be for blues and that no?

and whats a coil tap

a coil tap is where you use a push/pull pot to split the number of coils in a humbucker and as a result you get more a single coil sound to a humbucker
Quote by britishsligean
a coil tap is where you use a push/pull pot to split the number of coils in a humbucker and as a result you get more a single coil sound to a humbucker

So the Strat have 3 single coils. How the hell i put on a humbucker (double) on this,

The only thing that i can do is put on a single humbucker pickup, iv seen on dimarzio website

So the single cut are better for blues and cleans or what? Explain me this, and also tell me what pickups would be the best for my styles and for the strat (3 single coils)
They sell strats like that:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
So a strat with SSH is that i need? I should change the pickups or just leave them alone.

I think this is the guitar, I can play metal and blues with this.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']This kid seems rather uneducated about this shit.

Hell yeah this is why im asking, Here in my town i cant test guitars and that.
Well, the RG1570 should be able to handle what you want to play just perfectly. It's just a matter of learning to control the volume and tone and pickup configurations for whatever style you choose. For metal and rock, stick with the bridge pickup and a high volume and tone, and if you want to play blues, switch to maybe the middle pickup or the neck pickup and roll back the volume and tone to suit your needs. And there's nothing wrong with the trem on the RG1570. It's dependable and can be used for awesome techniques. Just learn your guitar man. Become one with it.
I play an Ibanez RG and like you, I love the slim neck with the large radius. I used to have a Strat but couldn't get on with the neck at all. That changed the other day when I tried a Deluxe Players Strat and I'm now saving up to buy one as a second guitar so I can use the Ibanez for heavier Rock and Metal and use the Strat for lighter Rock and Blues. Much as I love my Ibanez, it has to be said that the Strat has far more tonal range with a 7-way selector on this model! It really is a guitar for all seasons and if you really want a beefier sound in the bridge, just install a stacked humbucker. The reason why this Strat will suit you OK is because it has a 12" radius neck so it's that bit closer to what you're used to. Honestly, I REALLY loved playing this guitar; it's well worth a look and excellent value too.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
I play an Ibanez RG and like you, I love the slim neck with the large radius. I used to have a Strat but couldn't get on with the neck at all. That changed the other day when I tried a Deluxe Players Strat and I'm now saving up to buy one as a second guitar so I can use the Ibanez for heavier Rock and Metal and use the Strat for lighter Rock and Blues. Much as I love my Ibanez, it has to be said that the Strat has far more tonal range with a 7-way selector on this model! It really is a guitar for all seasons and if you really want a beefier sound in the bridge, just install a stacked humbucker. The reason why this Strat will suit you OK is because it has a 12" radius neck so it's that bit closer to what you're used to. Honestly, I REALLY loved playing this guitar; it's well worth a look and excellent value too.

Ok but i can only have 1 guitar, it seems that the Deluxe Strat is my guitar no?

And yea i can put on a good bass humbucker on the bridge and use it for metal.

I was thinking anything like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110371883442#ht_7066wt_1040

Or Just get the RG1570 whats better for the price supossing that i dont use the tremolo too much.
Last edited by matemego at Nov 29, 2009,
My main concern would be the neck. The reason I suggested the Deluxe Players Strat is that it has a 12" radius neck and that is pretty unusual on a Strat. The one you selected on Ebay has a 9.5" radius neck and I think you'll find that a very different beast indeed - I certainly do. I'll grant you that the model I'm suggesting is entirely single coils

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0133002300

but as I said, you can always install a single coil size stacked humbucker in the bridge. If you really like the neck on your Ibanez then you may find anything less than a 12" radius on a Strat somewhat uncomfortable. I love loads of things about a Strat but until I tried the Deluxe Players Strat I simply couldn't deal with the neck and it sounds like you may well be the same. In my case, my Ibanez will still be my main guitar but if I needed one guitar to do everything, it would be the Deluxe Players Strat as it really will do everything. You're needing one guitar to do a lot of things as well as being as comfortable to play as your Ibanez and this one really does have a lot of benefits.

1) 12" radius neck that will feel more like your Ibanez than any other Strat
2) A 7-way selector offers more tonal options than any other Strat I can think of
3) Single coils give you a fresh option from your Ibanez and they give it a lovely Blues feel
4) Players like Ritchie Blackmore seem to be able to play heavy songs on single coils but you can always fit more appropriate single coil size pups if you want to. Such Strats certainly seem to work well for Iron Maiden.

I can't say how much this guitar impressed me and I'm sure you'll like it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Strat. No doubt. I see little to no point in getting a second guitar you already have one of.
Quote by santa_man99
Strat. No doubt. I see little to no point in getting a second guitar you already have one of.

Ok i think the strat would be nice, strat deluxe with single coils? Ok i think ill get this.

I got my Ibanez used for 700US and here in my country i can sell it for 1000US

Also maple or rosewood fretboard?

Like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-STRAT-DELUXE-W-SEYMOUR-DUNCAN-STRATOCASTER_W0QQitemZ110462358833QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b811d531#ht_3069wt_1165

Too cheap for be good no? But those deluxe gutiars on fender are really ugly, does this one is the deluxe model?
Last edited by matemego at Nov 29, 2009,
I played one like that in a local music shop. It was pretty nice.
Maple vs. Rosewood? Personally I prefer maple because I think it looks nicer, but if you ask me, there is honestly no tone difference or difference in feel between the two.
I think thats my guitar, Iv seen one on ebay with these pickups Seymour Duncan SSL-1 Vintage Staggered strat pickups with a RP/RW in the middle position for hum canceling in positions 2 & 4 is better with these pickups if i also wanna play metal i can do it with these or with the originals or what pickup should i get?
I agree on the Fender however they do have an HSH model, http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0118802806, specifically the Dave Murrary model since you like playing Maiden styles. Dave's backbone is in Blues so this configuration is a good way to go. But also the HSS is the logical choice since it's cheaper. I haven't seen any other HSH model except Murrays.
Electric: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epiphone 56' Goldtop, Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Acoustic: Martin DX1E
Amp: Line6 Spider Vavlve112 MKII, Line6 Spider III 75
Quote by SchecterMan71
I agree on the Fender however they do have an HSH model, http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0118802806, specifically the Dave Murrary model since you like playing Maiden styles. Dave's backbone is in Blues so this configuration is a good way to go. But also the HSS is the logical choice since it's cheaper. I haven't seen any other HSH model except Murrays.

Good guitar but i think the deluxe is the guitar cuz the neck is 12 diameter, its like the ibanez that i have and i like it a lot. I have seen that the SRV model has the 12 diameter neck but its a very expensive guitar.

The 12 diameter is a flat neck no?

I think im getting the deluxe SSS, its ok? i think i can put on a single humbucker on the bridge for maiden styles and some distortioned blues
Last edited by matemego at Dec 2, 2009,
well, Malmsteen uses a STRAT. Iron Maiden use STRATS. Blues guitarists such as SRV use STRATS. Eric Clapton sometimes uses a STRAT. Jimi Hendrix also used a STRAT.

or, Randy Rhoads for Ozzy used a Gibson V and so did Zakk Wylde. Eric Clapton used a Gibson SG and Les Paul also. Jimi Hendrix also used a Gibson V.

I personally would get s Strat because the neck feels great.

The neck on a Strat and Telecaster are usually thin necks but on a Les Paul and SG they are pretty thick.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
I think thats my gutiar Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS this or the Deluxe Players Strat that is SSS, I'll put out a humbucker on the bridge.

Ok wich one?
Last edited by matemego at Dec 5, 2009,