Hey talk about and discuss your favorite japanese player in the up and coming neoclassical scene! I think mine has to be Takayoshi Ohmura or Gentaro Satomura, probably Takayoshi, for reasons like tone and phrasing. Who are your favorites? and why?
Not sure...going to look up the guys you mentioned lol. Any others you mind mentioning?
takayoshi is incredible, though he obviously idolizes malmsteen =] i quite like Syu, his band galneryus are really good
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Syu, Jani Liimatatein, both good guys to start with, it's all pretty cool, doesn't have alot of replay value, unless you love power metal.. But it's all legit stuff, no bullshit, they can all phrase, let alone play their asses off, and takayoshi has great tone as far as i'm concerned
I'm a big fan of the Japanese shred scene, I like Takayoshi Ohmura, Norifumi Shima (check out Concerto Moon), and Syu (I wouldn't class Galneryus or Spinalcord as shred, but he knows how to play that's for sure). One of my favourite guitarists is Circuit V Panther, a great shred guitarist who some of you might know from the band Sex Machineguns. I highly recommend you check out his solo material, his other band Elleguns and CYCLE.

Quote by charvel1124
Syu, Jani Liimatatein, both good guys to start with, it's all pretty cool, doesn't have alot of replay value, unless you love power metal.. But it's all legit stuff, no bullshit, they can all phrase, let alone play their asses off, and takayoshi has great tone as far as i'm concerned

Jani is a Finnish guitarist, from the band Sonata Arctica, he did a couple of lessons and videos for Young Guitar, but that's about it, good guitarist nonetheless.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Last edited by COBGage at Nov 28, 2009,
Shit, I guess I mistook that because he plays with the japanese guys. My fault though, the name sounds finish, I shoulda been able to make the comparison to jari maenpaa, similar grammar, and pronunceation, my bad. And I love sex machineguns lol
Oh yeah, Taka-whatsisname is the shit.

Wait, lemme check them out.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

I liked Syu, he's the one who loves his pink Tshirts, right?
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by 1010011010
Takayoshi's awesome.
Gentaro, however....

I'm not really a fan of Gentaro myself, he's skilled, but I don't really think he brings anything new to the table.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by 1010011010
I think Gentaro's just plain boring.
Takayoshi, on the other hand, blew me away with his circle picking. The man has flawless technique.

This
apparently i need to check these guys out sometime soon
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
of course good sir. HTW is great. it is...

check out his stuff in the Dixie Dregs though, its always overlooked. [Free Fall, What If and Full Circle are some of the best albums ever] lol. /shameless idolatry
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by Colton165
of course good sir. HTW is great. it is...

check out his stuff in the Dixie Dregs though, its always overlooked. [Free Fall, What If and Full Circle are some of the best albums ever] lol. /shameless idolatry

I love dixie dregs too, I just saw you had HTW as your avatar lol, my dad actually sometimes, phrases alot like steve morse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyi2pF4wvrM
cool dude. i could imitate and play that, but improvising and phrasing is different.

hes awesome, man. im working on my improvising though. sometimes im in the improv group on UG [im a mod]

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/onlineimprov
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad