Page 1 of 2
Now im not normally one for poorly produced music but for this band ill make an exception, cause there is something about it that is so haunting and resonates within me.

www.myspace.com/woodsofdesolation

Their New EP is tops!

DISCUSS
"We carry death out of the village!"
Wtf does that even mean?

Checkin' out now I'll edit wit what I think in a bit.
I am me. Live with it.
DSBM is an actual term. Anyhoo, I remember hearing this band once. Didn't do much for me but I will give it another go.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
^Any chance you could explain it?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
DSBM stands for Depressive Suicidal Black Metal. It's your standard BM with droning repetitive riffs, lo-fi quality, desolate/tortured vocals and a melancholic sound to it. It's supposed to be hypnotic. Listen to Woods of Desolation. They are a good example of a DSBM band.

Edit: The band is a lot better than what I remembered. I smell a Drowning the Light influence
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by crebbechi
australia has too many black metal bands

What? I think it's cool we have this much BM, if you actually go digging you will find a significant amount of DM and melodeath too.

Oh and they are okay, I can't help being reminded somewhat of Nox Inferi (whos sound I prefer) although Nox Inferi ARE in their friends list.
I am me. Live with it.
australia is amazing! diverse music scene FTW.
Quote by Cianyx
DSBM stands for Depressive Suicidal Black Metal. It's your standard BM with droning repetitive riffs, lo-fi quality, desolate/tortured vocals and a melancholic sound to it. It's supposed to be hypnotic. Listen to Woods of Desolation. They are a good example of a DSBM band.

Edit: The band is a lot better than what I remembered. I smell a Drowning the Light influence

-repetitive riffs
-low quality
-tortured vocals

sounds like regular black metal to me
LOL no. not by any chance. you cant hear any drums at all. ear crushingly distorted guitars, the chords are made to sound depressing
The subgenre seems a little, redundant. I know there are different kinds of BM but the words depressive suicidal next to each other just seems that way. haha
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
What? I think it's cool we have this much BM, if you actually go digging you will find a significant amount of DM and melodeath too.

Oh and they are okay, I can't help being reminded somewhat of Nox Inferi (whos sound I prefer) although Nox Inferi ARE in their friends list.

i have found some pretty cool death metal bands around here near melbourne but there nothing too special. I havent even bothered seeing if theres any thrash, sludge or doom bands because i know i wont XD,
This band is bloody great! If you like them, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Austere as well, very haunting and beautiful stuff, it will put you in a trance.

I didn't really hear a Drowning the Light influence, than again I don't listen to him often at all, even though he lives around the corner from me or something
Quote by crebbechi
i have found some pretty cool death metal bands around here near melbourne but there nothing too special. I havent even bothered seeing if theres any thrash, sludge or doom bands because i know i wont XD,

Melbourne...

I'm not so sure I'm pretty sure you could, I mean I was bloody surprised about some of the death metal around Sydney. Shit there's some amazing black metal as well, not to mention the grind scene which is very much alive and mutilating.
I am me. Live with it.
this band is pretty sick. might have to get some of their stuff.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by motoko
-repetitive riffs
-low quality
-tortured vocals

sounds like regular black metal to me

U so funi
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
seriously, if someone can't tell the difference between DSBM and normal BM then they must be trying as hard as they can to imagine it sounds the same.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Listen to 1349 than woods of desolation..... Massive differance
DSBM has got to be my favourite subgenre of metal and this band completely nail why that is.
anybody got a link where i can order their music?
i cant stop listening to Torn Beyond Reason and Darker Days. Literally, every day i listen to them at least twice.

i love the new direction their headded. anyone know of any similar bands?
Holy ****in' shit, this is awesome.

Going to get their EP now.

You sir, should check out Lantlos, both albums, and Sombres Forêts album Royaume De Glace.
im auctually enjoying Lantlos more than Alcest and Les Discrets, the harshness is wonderfull mix with the amazing clean sections. that bass tone. WOAH
Quote by Marskell
im auctually enjoying Lantlos more than Alcest and Les Discrets, the harshness is wonderfull mix with the amazing clean sections. that bass tone. WOAH

Which album, .neon or s/t? but yeah bass tone is sooooo good.

Really digging both new songs, can't stop listening.
Quote by Marskell
.neon

Good good, it's their best, been so addicted to it the last few days.

When does Woods' album come out anyway?
no idea. ill have to talk to em.

dude Lantlos are better than alcest in every way. after these guys ill put on the other band
alcest are a one trick pony to me. good but after a song or 2 i get bored. Lantlos on the other hand, im stuck in a trance its amazing
Quote by Marskell
alcest are a one trick pony to me. good but after a song or 2 i get bored. Lantlos on the other hand, im stuck in a trance its amazing

Nah, I disagree.
Quote by Deplorable
Nah, I disagree.

With what?

I disagree with the Alcest part. Alcest are just...wow.
Quote by jibran
With what?

I disagree with the Alcest part. Alcest are just...wow.

you should have read my previous post

Alcest are indeed wow, as are Lantlos, who you should check out.
Page 1 of 2