check your local store for detail

anybody getting it?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
nuh uh.
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
not even test drive it?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I'm gunna test drive it, consider it. Continue to consider it as I hand over the deposit on my Orange..
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I'll play it before I give my opinion on it. I'm not going to consider it though, because I'm kind of poor at the moment.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I'll play it before I give my opinion on it. I'm not going to consider it though, because I'm kind of poor at the moment.

same
Quote by angusfan16
It could have pretty decent potential, but I'm fearing that it'll turn into just bigger versions of the Haze series, which I personally disliked.

I wonder if they left some open room for modding, like Blackheart?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
There's always room for modding. I just wish they would make something simpler. Even if these are decent amps for the price, I can't help but wonder why marshall doesn't make a version with eight knobs and no reverb or effects loop. That would be a terrific mod platform and would cost even less than these things that look like MGs with tubes.
i'll try one out but i'm kinda skeptical about the whole "cheap tube amp" thing marshall is doin. they should try making the next jtm45 or slp (not a reissue, but a completely new amp with a simple circuit that has its own unique sound). i would look into one of those

EDIT: i can tell you this for sure, you wont see any pros using an ma
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Nov 28, 2009,
I like the idea of the cheaper tube amps. Not everyone can afford a $1500 Marshall tube head/combo.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by dlguitarmaster7

Well that's the point of the MA either. The marketing target of the MA is all the broke teenagers who just want a big BR00TALZ half-stack without having to sell their arm for it.
Quote by Roc8995
There's always room for modding. I just wish they would make something simpler. Even if these are decent amps for the price, I can't help but wonder why marshall doesn't make a version with eight knobs and no reverb or effects loop. That would be a terrific mod platform and would cost even less than these things that look like MGs with tubes.

You know a lot of people look to Marshall. And then a lot of people want a lot of features in one box. For a cheap price.

So at some point, products begin to suffer in one way or another, whether it be tone, build quality, or price.
Yeah, that's the problem. These amps, unfortunately, might end up sacrificing tone, build quality, and price. I figure if they just make a simple amp they could at least nail one of those.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Most definitely. I'd rather have 3 good choices than two dozen so-so ones.
I completely agree
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by dlguitarmaster7

unless marshall pays them enough.

personally i dont see the point in these amps since you can get a jcm 900 for less
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado

personally i dont see the point in these amps since you can get a jcm 900 for less

very true. and only if its used. they usually run for about $1500 new
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado

I buy a new marshall over a used one any day of the week if the price was comparable.

This is what we have been wanting from amp companys for quite some time.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
The 50w combo is 750 US dollars at Samash.

The broke teenager inside me screamed "YOU CALL THIS AFFORDABLE?!"

The real me said "YOU CALL THIS AFFORDABLE?!"
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Only Jim can save Marshall now
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
i'll try one out but i'm kinda skeptical about the whole "cheap tube amp" thing marshall is doin. they should try making the next jtm45 or slp (not a reissue, but a completely new amp with a simple circuit that has its own unique sound). i would look into one of those
I think that's what they actually tried to do with the Vintage Modern, but a lot of people just didn't like them that much. Idk, I thought they were pretty cool amps, but they're different from what your typical Marshall sounds like.

That being said I think that $750 for a mid-level tube amp is solid. It's not going to be cheap like a Bugera, Idk what you guys were expecting.
Last edited by al112987 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by al112987
I think that's what they actually tried to do with the Vintage Modern, but a lot of people just didn't like them that much. Idk, I thought they were pretty cool amps, but they're different from what your typical Marshall sounds like.

That being said I think that $750 for a mid-level tube amp is solid. It's not going to be cheap like a Bugera, Idk what you guys were expecting.

Well I was expecting between the 500-650ish range for the 50w combo at least.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by al112987

20 bucks tube amp
Quote by angusfan16
The 50w head looks appealing with the real spring reverb tank. However it's still $700 and I have yet to play it.

I wish they'd just make something like the 1987x only half the price; I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by al112987

yeah. but remember if it says vintage on it, its not
Quote by Scutchington
Well I was expecting between the 500-650ish range for the 50w combo at least.
That would put it in the Bugera price range.

Have people already forgotten that before Bugeras came out, higher wattage tube combos in that price range were essentially unheard of?

Also, at $750, it's already at, what? Less than half the price of most Marshall tube HEADS? It's still a Marshall here, they're not going to be dirt cheap.