So i've got my NLS (national Lifeguard service) exam tomorrow. I can do everything, but I get the 20-pound brick from the bottom of the pool on an inconsistent basis. How do i get over the fear of drowning, fainting, etc. and just do it?

I mean

I can swim to the object, and sometimes i'll be able to recover it, sometimes I wont be able to. Help me, pitmonkeys. I think that If i won't be able to recover it on the first time i try, they'll fail me.

EDIT: If you have nothing else to say, some encouragement / motivation would be cool.

EDIT 2: the pool is 4 metres deep, i think.

EDIT 3: i'm a dude.
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
Last edited by tsoyguitar at Nov 28, 2009,
How deep is the pool?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
You won't do it.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I'm not sure how difficult that is but to try and save air/energy try diving in feet first straight down so you start off almost if not on the bottom of the pool, then all you have to do it swim up.
Imagine that the hot girl standing by the pool will suck you off if you do it right. Works wonders.
Think about something else. Do something that'll take your mind off it, recite song lyrics in your head, just try and do it as absent mindedly as possible, I don't know.

More importantly, the sky is beige on one side of my house, and blue on the other. That's interesting, isn't it?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by captaincrunk
TS is female.

You trick me,bitch
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
If you cant dive dive down 12ish feet and get a 20 pound brick, how are you supposed to dive down and pull up an unconscious person?
Quote by genghisgandhi

Think of this guy.

And stop bitching all over the place ClaptonWannabe

Shut up moron, if this exam gets him his license and he can't get a 20lb brick from the bottom of the pool, maybe it's a sign he should work harder until he can.

Otherwise, he won't have much fun when the brick has turned into a 200lb person.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Shut up moron, if this exam gets him his license and he can't get a 20lb brick from the bottom of the pool, maybe it's a sign he should work harder until he can.

Otherwise, he won't have much fun when the brick has turned into a 200lb person.

i CAN get the brick, man.
I can also get the 35lb Mannikin.
its just that on my way down towards the bottom it feels like I'm going to run out of breath, and faint or something.

I wrote that i have done it before
I can do it if i balls up
but sometimes it just gets to me and i pussy out
Epiphone: Les paul Custom SB
Line Six Spider III 15
70$ wal-mart brand acoustic

Quote by black amendment
You're awesome, dude.
I know you said you can do it, but presumably you're doing this award so you can be a lifeguard, in which case you should be confident about doing it.
Quote by tsoyguitar
i CAN get the brick, man.
I can also get the 35lb Mannikin.
its just that on my way down towards the bottom it feels like I'm going to run out of breath, and faint or something.

I wrote that i have done it before
I can do it if i balls up
but sometimes it just gets to me and i pussy out

Its gonna get to you worse when somebody unconscious is at the bottom of the pool, your heart is beating, and you get short on breath, their life is in your hands and odds are you cant even make it to the bottom to grab them let alone pull them back up.