Hey guys,
I've been checking out new guitars lately and figured I'd stop by and see what you guys suggested, My budget is around 500-600 USD, I can't go any higher than $600. I play blues, classic rock, and older metal (Maiden, Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc). I went to guitar center and tried out some guitars today but nothing really caught my eye. I am willing to go used however I'd prefer not to. I'll be going back next weekend so maybe you guys could direct me to something decent. My current gear is in my sig. Since I already have a tele and strat I was leaning towards getting something with a mahogany body and humbuckers. Preferably no tremolo but I'm open to suggestions with a trem.

Thanks guys
My Gear:

Guitars:
Partscaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Amps:
Blackheart Little Giant
Jet City JCA20H

Pedals:
BYOC Confidence Boost
BYOC Dist+
BYOC Shredder
GGG Tubescreamer
Zvex SHO
I would say check out the Ibanez RGA42FM but the necks are a bit love or hate affair, also take a look at the Washburn X50 Pro I think the model with the active EMGs is under your budget.
Well, if you want a mahogany body, humbuckers, and don't need a trem, I second Epiphone Les Paul. I love mine, but I would also recommend SG's.

Quote by rootbeerjuice

How are the tonal properties of stop signs, anyway? They're made of aluminum, right?

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Bullet Strat (For modding)
Blackstar HT-5 combo
Boss OS-2

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I'll be sure to try the guitars you suggested. If anyone has anything different feel free to post. Quick question too, has anyone had experience with the PRS SE line? Specifically the singlecut stop tail? I was reading reviews and they were good. Thanks guys.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Partscaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Amps:
Blackheart Little Giant
Jet City JCA20H

Pedals:
BYOC Confidence Boost
BYOC Dist+
BYOC Shredder
GGG Tubescreamer
Zvex SHO
I wouldn't go with a Les Paul for metal if you play leads. They sound great, but the upper fret access is awful. The SGs have much better upper fret access. I've also only heard good things about PRS's guitars.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by HopePoisoned

This +1
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
But really that deal I posted is nuts.

You could turn around and sell that guitar for more in a months time if you don't like it.

You'll probably make over $200 just buying it.

That same guitar in a different color at the same store is $1250 - I have no ****ing clue what's going on or why they're selling it for like $540 but they are and it's done today I think.
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Nov 29, 2009,