Well about a year ago I bought my first electric guitar, it was used rarely by the person who sold it to me. Got an Ibanez Gio, 2 10 watt amps, a gig bag, a stand, lots of picks, string cleaners, etc..all that good stuff for 180 dollars.

And right now I'm looking to buy a new guitar, which is a PRS SE Custom 24 for $500. It used to be $1000, and lowered to $600, then down to this. Soo..my question is, is this a good guitar to buy for lets say an intermediate player? And would it be fit to suit what I play, which is punk rock, alternative, metal, rock, some christian rock?

Here's a picture of it if you want to see
http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar-520056-i1490824.gc?mode=1&qso=1
PRS's are known for their versatility, and even though it lack in some of the aesthetics the $3000+ counterpart, it's still a great guitar for learning musicians who take guitar seriously. I'd say buy, but if you can, get the Paul Allender sig, it plays and sounds the same, just looks nicer imo.
Anything around 500$ is going to be pretty good, I suggest you don't buy anything until you go play it first. It really depends on your taste, I like a few Ibanez models and esp/ltd. Don't let online price reductions fool you either lol, If you went to any local music shop, Im pretty sure they would haggle with you a bit on the price. Also new isn't always better, you could find an awesome deal on craigslist.
Yeah PRS are amazing, you can use them for any geanre: from Cradle of Filth to jazz players use them
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by ibanezshred503
Anything around 500$ is going to be pretty good, I suggest you don't buy anything until you go play it first. It really depends on your taste, I like a few Ibanez models and esp/ltd. Don't let online price reductions fool you either lol, If you went to any local music shop, Im pretty sure they would haggle with you a bit on the price. Also new isn't always better, you could find an awesome deal on craigslist.

Yes, play it first, just to be safe and so you don't throw 500 bucks if you don't like it.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
All of the above. It's a wonderfully versitile guitar, and well worth the $500. Go for it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Thanks for the info guys. I plan on going to Guitarcenter sometime before Christmas to check it out and see if I like it.