Page 1 of 19
This is the thread for all the fuzz-lovers out there on UG! Hooray! Here we will discuss our fuzzes, our GAS for fuzzes, the tones we get, vintage fuzzes, fuzz companies, new fuzzes, professional players' fuzzes, and basically any else that you can think of that's relatively fuzzy!

I'm a huge fuzz fan, so far I've got three. A Russian Big Muff, a MJM London Fuzz I (Ge), and a Plum Crazy FX SiClops. (Well, 2 of the 3 are on order, but y'know )
I'm also looking at getting a fuzz face-esque fuzz as well, maybe a Fulltone '69 clone or something? Suggestions?

I'm a big fan of The Black Keys, Wolfmother, Psychedelic bands like Tame Impala and Radio Moscow, The White Stripes, and many other similar groups, and the fuzzes I have so far work great for them.

So let the hairy, dirty, growly, fuzz discussion begin!!!

(mod-approved! )

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 10, 2010,
i hate fuzzes

but its not for the music that i play sooooo.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Fuzz is awesome. I love my Woolly Mammoth and Russian Big Muff/Red Llama if the two can be considered fuzzes. Nothing like some raunchy riffs with some fuzz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I think if you check the sticky, I think there's a fuzz thread already.

I <3 the Matt Bellamy/Fuzz Factory sound.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Devi Ever Fuzz pedals FTW
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
its basically static in a box
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I'm GASing for a woolly mammoth

........or more realistically, a dba fuzz war
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Fuzz is awesome. I love my Woolly Mammoth and Russian Big Muff/Red Llama if the two can be considered fuzzes. Nothing like some raunchy riffs with some fuzz.

Oh dude!

I tried a Red Llama out at a friend's place....it sounded INSAAANE!

Umm....I love Fuzz.
I have a DOD punkifier. It's Brilliant.
It's basically an overdrive and a blistering, face melting fuzz in one. And you can select how much overdrive and how much fuzz is in the output. So effectively, you can have a clean signal and FUZZZ going at the same time.
I'm a big supporter of fuzz but not the way they are currently used.
I play metal and I really want a fuzz pedal that can handle metal.
Quote by unet
Oh dude!

I tried a Red Llama out at a friend's place....it sounded INSAAANE!

Yeah, I luvz it. It does so many things too - huuuuuge cleanish boost, low gain fuzzface-like tones and even some pretty good hard rock tones.
EDIT:
Quote by StringAssassin
I'm a big supporter of fuzz but not the way they are currently used.
I play metal and I really want a fuzz pedal that can handle metal.

That's not really possible if we're talking thrash/death/etc. Most fuzzboxes are not tight/focused enough and don't have enough definition for the chug-heavy metal. Playing doom, stoner and other such styles is pretty common with fuzz though. I also imagine that you could do most leads with a nice, saturated fuzz too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yeah, I luvz it. It does so many things too - huuuuuge cleanish boost, low gain fuzzface-like tones and even some pretty good hard rock tones.

MY ears were ringing after since the amp was turned up so loud!
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I think Red Llama is more under distortion. It's what the Emma Reezafratzitz is based on.

My favorite fuzzes include:
Tychobrahe Octavia
Foxx Tone Machine
Tonebender MK II
Univox Superfuzz
Quote by unet
MY ears were ringing after since the amp was turned up so loud!

From the ginormous volume boost? Yeah, that tends to happen.
One time my friend and I were running it into his 200W Randall, we cranked the RL's volume on the clean channel and engaged it only to realize that the clean channel didn't have a master volume. That sure was a shock.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
From the ginormous volume boost? Yeah, that tends to happen.
One time my friend and I were running it into his 200W Randall, we cranked the RL's volume on the clean channel and engaged it only to realize that the clean channel didn't have a master volume. That sure was a shock.

200W toob?
OMGZ.

I was running it though a non master 20W JMP clone.
Still pretty ****ing loud.

Quote by forsaknazrael

Foxx Tone Machine

Danelectro French Toast.
Quote by unet
200W toob?
OMGZ.

I was running it though a non master 20W JMP clone.
Still pretty ****ing loud.

Nah, 200W SS.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Nah, 200W SS.

Of course....you're still alive.

Although.....Crate 600W tube amp. wtf.
What's a reasonable price for a russian muff?
There's one at my pawn shop for $70, that's a ridiculous price for one, right?
i think they sell new for like 65
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by arpraron
What's a reasonable price for a russian muff?
There's one at my pawn shop for $70, that's a ridiculous price for one, right?

Right. I'm not sure about vintage ones, but for a newer one, 30-40 somethin dollars is about right. Just search around on ebay, mang! I really like mine for some reason

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by marvelboy_04
i think they sell new for like 65

Wow, my pawn shop really sucks with pricing things.

They were originally selling it for $100.
Me too! I think it's because ALL gain pedals sound different. I mean, unless they have the EXACT same circuit, they won't sound the same! And if they do, they're the same pedal. Modulation stuff sound different too, I suppose, but they're a lot more different and a lot more noticeable in gain pedals. Plus, there's so many different tones from fuzzes! And I guarantee if I had twenty or so fuzzes, I'd use them all.

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i hate fuzzes

but its not for the music that i play sooooo.......

Why, oh, why would you post in a thread about something you don't like just to say you don't like it
Quote by imgooley

Why, oh, why would you post in a thread about something you don't like just to say you don't like it

YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I mean...

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!

(forgive me if you've never left, I've been gone for a while and haven't seen any recent posts of yours till just now.)

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Anyone know any good Fuzz Face-like fuzzes?

I just suggested one.

The EQD Dirt Transmitter.
It's versatile enough to do pretty much any type of fuzz.

Oooooor.....you could get the Old Skool fuzz made by one of the UG members.
Apparently it sounds vintage.

Or pick any of the 100000000000 other fuzz face sounding pedals out there.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Me too! I think it's because ALL gain pedals sound different. I mean, unless they have the EXACT same circuit, they won't sound the same! And if they do, they're the same pedal. Modulation stuff sound different too, I suppose, but they're a lot more different and a lot more noticeable in gain pedals. Plus, there's so many different tones from fuzzes! And I guarantee if I had twenty or so fuzzes, I'd use them all.

That's very true. And I've been beginning to find modulation effects kind of boring. But I do love fuzz..........although I don't have a fuzz pedal
Soon though.

And imagine all 20 of the fuzzes on at the same time.
Quote by arpraron

And imagine all 20 of the fuzzes on at the same time.

It'd sound just like my DOD punkifier.

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

That's not really possible if we're talking thrash/death/etc. Most fuzzboxes are not tight/focused enough and don't have enough definition for the chug-heavy metal. Playing doom, stoner and other such styles is pretty common with fuzz though. I also imagine that you could do most leads with a nice, saturated fuzz too.

I'll probably never play in any thrash/death/extreme metal bands, but if I could just use a fuzz for metal. A couple of days ago, I picked up my friend's bass just to play with his fuzz pedal.
Does anyone here own the fuzz god II?
If so, is it really worth the $250?
I'm so happy this thread exists.

Who needs distortion when you could have fuzz? I use my Big Muff for really any genre of music. it

Best pedal for lead evar
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I'm so happy this thread exists.

Who needs distortion when you could have fuzz? I use my Big Muff for really any genre of music. it

Best pedal for lead evar

There's already a fuzz appreciation thread.
The TS of that died though.

Or got banned or something.

Quote by forsaknazrael
^Technically a distortion. Just saying.

Buffer stage > diode clipping stage > diode clipping stage > buffer stage

Are you serious?!

My foundations have been shattered!
Quote by unet
There's already a fuzz appreciation thread.
The TS of that died though.

Or got banned or something.

Let's go with died, it's a better reason to keep this thread going.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, sorry. It does sound pretty fuzzy (and nice!), for whatever reason. But it's just well implemented diode clipping. Not technically fuzz. Tonally, it is - but circuit wise, not so much.

I'm a big fan of the Civil War Muff, if it makes you feel better.

I've never tried the Civil war one.
Or the Russian one.

I just love how the clips sound.

Someone does a current production version of the Civil War muff right?