I have a peavey bandit 112, and it has a preamp out.
Can I use that to send the amp to my computer, and use an cab simulator?

It also has an external speaker output but it gives like 100 watts so I'm sure I can't use that.
you can use the preamp out, but given that you're amp is one step up from an entry level practice amp, you could get much better results using an amp simulator. And yea, don't use the speaker out unless you have a dummy load/DI Box and really know what you're doing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Nov 28, 2009,
Are you sure, because when I do, I can hear something build up and the longer I let it sit in there, when I take it out it makes a big sound.
**** that buy a hm-2, turn all the knobs on everything up to ten and mic it dead center with an SM57

pure ****ing evil tone
I got the HM-2 actually :P

I just want to see if I can use preamp out and check how it sounds.
But like I said. It sounds like energy is building up as I leave it plugged in, like it's going to explode if I do or some shit.
Last edited by Clay-man at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by Clay-man
I got the HM-2 actually :P

I just want to see if I can use preamp out and check how it sounds.
But like I said. It sounds like energy is building up as I leave it plugged in, like it's going to explode if I do or some shit.

that's probably just static from a bad connection, the pop is normal.

Last.fm
Quote by Clay-man
Well I was using a really shitty cable that's going out.

yeah, that would explain the buzzing.

Last.fm
Ok well I'm testing it and it sounds more muddy on my computer, than the real thing.
As long as you use a line-level out from the preamp, you can run that into a cabinet simulator on your computer. I can't vouch for how it will sound with that amp though.