Anyone like Tool? I think they are odd but very cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BVSRMblBc
But, I don't think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can't create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that's written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.
~Buddy Rich~
Tool is not modern rock, tool is not "alternative metal" tool is not "prog metal" Tool is just Tool, they fit no category or description, if anyone ever asked me "what does Tool sound like?" i would get them a CD because it is so impossible to describe, easily THE most creative, original, and inspiring band ever created.
Quote by Viking-Man
Tool is not modern rock, tool is not "alternative metal" tool is not "prog metal" Tool is just Tool, they fit no category or description, if anyone ever asked me "what does Tool sound like?" i would get them a CD because it is so impossible to describe, easily THE most creative, original, and inspiring band ever created.

... and this is why people don't like Tool fans.
as said by Mac Lethal in one of his songs,

I used to like Tool until they made the same album that
They made the last time they made the same album
Every time they make a damn album its the same album, really.
And only stoners listen to their music, it's silly.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Viking-Man

Lolololol. They're modern rock with some progressive flair.

Don't get me wrong, they're awesome. But they're hardly genre defying.