Page 1 of 2
Anyone else have a friend/know someone who is convinced they will become the next big rockstar?

I have a friend who extremely overestimates his singing capabilities (although he is better than myself) and is constantly talking about how he is going to 'make it'. He also refers to himself as a 'rockstar' and 'alternative icon'.

These people always bring some amusing discussions to the table so any UGers have similar experiences?
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Last edited by Jesus=ConArtist at Nov 28, 2009,
I aspire to be a musician but I don't... really have any of the qualities you mentioned. The boasting and overestimating thing. Just the love for performing and getting my music and lyrics across.
Lol I have a couple of friends who want to make a career out of it but none of them go around calling themselves icons or stars haha.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I know someone who thinks he's top shit on guitar 'cause he can pentatonic wank.
Um, not really, though.

All I want to be is a musician - preferably a successful one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It always seems the talent of musicians is inversely proportional to how good they say they are.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by Holy Katana
I knew this kid with Asperger Syndrome who thought he was going to be the next big thing in hip-hop.

About 90% of the year 9's at my school have convinced themselves that they will become the next big 'hip hop star'. Must be some popular thing they all do for the sake of fitting in and conforming... I dunno.
Quote by Holy Katana
I knew this kid with Asperger Syndrome who thought he was going to be the next big thing in hip-hop.

Hey **** u man u now i have mad tite rymes
Quote by Våd Hamster
Hey **** u man u now i have mad tite rymes

with spelling like that you're well on your way

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Jesus=ConArtist
These people always bring some amusing discussions to the table so any UGers have similar experiences?

Nope. Your friend is just an ass.
I'm gonna be the next big thing...in your mom!

Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by Jesus=ConArtist
Anyone else have a friend/know someone who is convinced they will become the next big rockstar?

I have a friend who extremely overestimates his singing capabilities (although he is better then myself) and is constantly talking about how he is going to 'make it'. He also refers to himself as a 'rockstar' and 'alternative icon'.

It's 'than'.
Sorry. It's been bugging me lately. Everyone seems to do it. i thought it was a meme or something.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
My cousin. He's hell-bent on becoming famous, and he claims he's going to do it through rock music. But he's not arrogant at all about it, though, which is good.
The thing that pisses me off (and saddens me) is that he has fucked himself up so bad school-wise... he's on his third year of trying to get enough grade 12 credits to graduate. He's not in a band, he's never even been in a proper band, and he's never ever had a proper job. So its not like he's even out there trying to make it in music... he just sits around all day getting high.
MATTERHORN
YES.
I know this guy that says the reason he can't keep a band together is because he's "too good for them." So he's convinced instead, that since he can't find a band that "suits his talents" he's going to go to Germany and get free tuition to "the best music college in the world" and become a music teacher, all while trying to hit it big.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by GaijinFoot
It's 'than'.
Sorry. It's been bugging me lately. Everyone seems to do it. i thought it was a meme or something.

Thanks for pointing it out
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
I'm pretty sure we've reached a point in time where no one no matter how hard they try will be the next big rockstar because ever "greatest" thing ever in every genre has already been done.

so yeah
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Jesus=ConArtist
Thanks for pointing it out

I hate to be that guy.
This one just grinds me though
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
It's 'than'.

You could explain it as memetic, but I'd say it has more to do with people not knowing how to spell.
I know a friend who is very very very very talented with singing.

The only problem is, he does campy jokes all the time and acts gay.
There was a guy in my jazz class one semester who at the start of the semester claimed he was a virtuoso guitarist. Then we heard him play, learned he couldn't read, had no concept of time, and was a generally sloppy player.

Then the kick ass jazz guitarist started playing and the guy shut up.
dont really know alot of people that are like that. i know the people that do are pretty annoying.

i do know people however that are likely to go far in music. i wouldnt be surprized if my former guitarist, bassplayer, and my friend who plays keyboard become famous. they just got the personality and skills to make it.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
I am, I'm the voice of a generation yo, I'm the next king of pop
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.
The necks so long that theres like 100 frets.
If you wear womens clothes while broom-guitaring its incredible.

Quote by Argonaut
If you don't like bacon then you are either a veggie or some kind of wierd mutant freak.
I'm pretty confident that I'll make it big one day.

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

....possibly *hides behind stupid glasses*
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.

Quote by Argonaut
If you don't like bacon then you are either a veggie or some kind of wierd mutant freak.
Damn you people seem to have lost all hope in life.

I aspire to be a musician, wherever it gets me.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I was thinking more like these
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.

Quote by Argonaut
eh looks the same to me
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.

Quote by Argonaut
I party like a rockstar, but I doubt I'll ever truly be one haha
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
hi im Simon Cowell and i wants to know who's the next big thing so i can get ZEE MONNNIEEEZZZZZZ
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by theseedyoldguy
eh looks the same to me

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Nov 28, 2009,
i would like to meet somebody like that actually. confidence is always a plus with music. better to have too much than too little.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
i've been called the songbird of my generation that have heard me sing.

/reference

but yeah i know a fifteen year old douche who still hasn't hit puberty that claims hes going to be famous, but he played once and it sounded like a cat being killed and he sang joker and the thief once and that sounded like a llama being killed
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by RampagingAcorn
i've been called the songbird of my generation that have heard me sing.

/reference

but yeah i know a fifteen year old douche who still hasn't hit puberty that claims hes going to be famous, but he played once and it sounded like a cat being killed and he sang joker and the thief once and that sounded like a llama being killed

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Page 1 of 2