My amp has been very frustrating lately, when ever i try to play it will work for a second then fizzle out, but if i plug in my chord deeper it works..... Also my input bit is a little crooked and my input jack is a tad wiggly. So what is causing my problem, Guitar, cable or amp???
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
cable definitly, mine had the same problem, either you need a new cable or you have to tighten the input jack. mines till does it, i just twist the cable jack until i can hear it.
ok i also plugged in another and that didnt work but ill try it man.

check and see if the wires are still attached.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol ill wait till my dads home to do that....

Quote by MidniteHaze
cable definitly, mine had the same problem, either you need a new cable or you have to tighten the input jack. mines till does it, i just twist the cable jack until i can hear it.

DON'T KEEP TWISTING THE INPUT JACK.

Look at the picture in the post (2 posts, now) above mine. If you keep twisting the input jack, eventually there's nowhere for the wires to go, and they'll twist themselves off of the solder connection. That's only asking to make the problem WORSE.

OP, if the wires are still connected when you look at the guitar, it could be a number of things. Do you have a guitar teacher, or a local guitar playing friend that's been playing for a few years? They could take a look at it and better assess an issue than we could without actually being there.
it's not a big deal. just unscrew the jack plate and look if the two wires are attached. if they arent, then buy a $15 soldering iron and follow instructions on the pack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Widow6
DON'T KEEP TWISTING THE INPUT JACK.

Look at the picture in the post (2 posts, now) above mine. If you keep twisting the input jack, eventually there's nowhere for the wires to go, and they'll twist themselves off of the solder connection. That's only asking to make the problem WORSE.

OP, if the wires are still connected when you look at the guitar, it could be a number of things. Do you have a guitar teacher, or a local guitar playing friend that's been playing for a few years? They could take a look at it and better assess an issue than we could without actually being there.

I dont have anyone i could ask really, but when my dad gets home im going to try that wire thing, and if thats not the problem ill take it to GC.

dont take it there. it's a simple fix, GC charges a ton and those techs might hold onto the guitar for a week.

just have a look, then post back with what you find. it's it's not that then it's how the cable is fitting into the jack.

again a simple thing to see.

you take out the jack then insert a cable, see if the arm catches the cable here...

if not then have dad manipulate the little arm a little so it'll hold the cable tighter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

yeah we're almost sure its the amp input.

... did you check the output on your guitar?

If you didn't, I'm truly sorry TS, but epic fail.

What kind of amp do you have?
Quote by Frusciante2323
yeah we're almost sure its the amp input.

oh ok, the way you wrote the original post it almost seemed like it could be either input.

if the amps input is loose, then yes, you'll probably want to check it out with a tech.

what type of amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

doesnt the 300 have two inputs?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62