I want to get a new amp, but I have no idea what to get. I'm still using my first amp ( a peavey envoy 110 (from 1989)), but It's old, and has its flaws. The music I play ranges from Electric Wizard To Between The Buried And Me, and I currently have no pedals (sad, I know)

Any suggestions? :3

Also, link to my amp, took me a while to find it online cause I had no idea how old it was
http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301586.pdf
I live in North Texas, close to Amarillo, my budget depends on how good the amp is, and like i just said, I'll buy used depending on the condition of it.
um,just look @ Dallas or Austin craiglist
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Dio10101
Can you give a style, as opposed to bands?

I'm a stupid self taught guitarist, I hardly know any 'essential' things, so I don't know what my style would be..But uh, I prefer to play technical things then to just strum chords, if that helps any.
Well for the stoner style stuff, I use a marshall cabinet and a JVM410H 4-Channel Head. I throw on a Big Muff to for extra fuzz, and use the delay from the head, and my dunlop crybaby. And my ace-in-the-hole: a Digitech Whammy pedal. Makes shit crazy.

Stoner style being: Electric Wizard, Sunn 0))), drony stuff, if you catch my drift
Last edited by hildesaw at Nov 28, 2009,
are you looking for a combo amp? or a stack and a cabinet?

and what kind of effects?

disto?
overdrive?
chorus?
so forth.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by Rigidur
I'm a stupid self taught guitarist, I hardly know any 'essential' things, so I don't know what my style would be..But uh, I prefer to play technical things then to just strum chords, if that helps any.

Maybe an Orange or a Laney amp if you like Electric Wizard. I can't say about that other one since I simply detest metalcore, just look up whatever they use and see what they use.
I'd rather listen to anything but metalcore, but it's fun to reproduce.

Also I guess I'd be willing to spend around 500-700 bucks