So, Im thinking about getting a Bareknuckle Warpig for the bridge position of my RR3 to replace the stock Duncan Designed Detonator. With the Warpig it gives you an option between the Alinco V and the Ceramic magnet. From what Ive been told the Ceramic magnet is a little bit hotter, yes? What are the pros and cons of each magnet? Like does the Alinco have better cleans because its less hot?, etc.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

From what I've read Ceramic are brighter than Alnico.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Ceramic will be brighter with a tighter bottom end, which IMO would be ideal for the Warpig, as it's got a high DC resistance, giving it more mids and lows and less highs (which the ceramic magnet will give it while tightening up those lows).

Alnico V will give you fatter, meatier bottom end and mids with a smoother high end, which might be cool, but it might not have enough cut for what you want.

Basically, do you want big, meaty low end or a tighter, more cutting and percussive sound?

Either way I'd use a coil split for cleans. Alnico might sound better clean, but then again it might be too much low end for a nice clean. It's a damn hot pickup made for balls-to-the-wall metal, but either way I think it's designed to have at least decent clean tones (knowing Bare Knuckle and their obsession with great tone)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Nov 29, 2009,
Thanks, I think I'll get the ceramic, the cleans arnt terribly important because I tend to us my neck pup for them a lot anyway. Thanks for clearing that up.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I find that ceramics have better carity and definition over the alnico V.

I did a change for my BKP Nailbombs from alnico v to ceramics. It changes very little, but you'll find it better in terms of treble clarity and tighter bass response. However, the alnico v have better mid range grind and a looser bass.

In general, take the ceramics for leads, take the alnico v for rhythm.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.