This is my first post and my first build. I've wanted a mosrite style guitar for a long time, I've also wanted to try a neck-thru, and emg's, so I combined them all into one. I caught a raw carvin neck on ebay a while back for pretty reasonable, so I decided to give it a go. I played drums originally in high school, then everybody kinda split up, so I gave up the drums. Then I started playing bass and got into primus, so I was really influenced by those beautiful CT basses. About 1999 I got some cheap walnut from ebay, but never made the bass I had planned. I've been playing guitar since about 2002, and this year I finally had time and a reason to make one. So, here it is! African mahogany back, black walnut top, maple neck, ebony board, and bubinga knobs. I had some cool mahogany pickup rings, but they were too thin and I broke them. EMG 60x neck, 81x bridge, schaller bridge, sperzel tuners. 25" scale. I tried to make the headstock look like a cross between a PRS and a CT. It plays great and sounds amazing, even acoustically. The finish is satin lacquer, and I tried to make it look like an oil finish. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it doesn't look bad. Thanks for looking!

Quote by cedricsmods
I like everything but the lower horn. Especially like the decorative edge around the body. Great job!

^this.

the body looks like it is backwards, if you notice, most dual horned guitar shapes have the bigger/longer horn on the top, dunnoh why but it looks more balanced or somthin...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Yeah, It's a mosrite style guitar. That's why the lower horn is longer. I remember seeing cobain play one and I've always had a thing for them ever since. I read that the first mosrites were made when a guy wanted a strat style guitar and semie mosley turned a strat upside down. I sort of did the same thing. I got a pic of a mosrite and used my strat body as a template. I have an idea for a hollowbody that should be awesome. Funny how when you start working on one, you start thinking about making another.
MOSRITE FTW!!!!

well done on making a great guitar!,theres only me and another guy on here who are in love with mosrites.

BTW what plans did you use? for my mosrite clones ive built, i actually did follow semie and used an upside down strat, but its nice to see yours looking so mosritey(?)
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

Quote by kickstartkiss
MOSRITE FTW!!!!

well done on making a great guitar!,theres only me and another guy on here who are in love with mosrites.

BTW what plans did you use? for my mosrite clones ive built, i actually did follow semie and used an upside down strat, but its nice to see yours looking so mosritey(?)

And that other guy would likely be me.

Good work there OP, Looks like you were going for a Mark V style guitar. How's the neck, Did you shave it at all or make the frets low like on a Mosrite? I haven't played a vintage one yet but the originals had frets as low as 22 thousandths or even 20 thousandths.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Sweetness. Make that three on here who wave the flag for Mosrite! Had the chance to pick up a '68 thinline Mosrite (forget the model name) years ago, at We Buy Guitars in NYC. Decided to go home and think about it. Next day, went back to buy and it was GONE. Sold while I pondered. Coulda kicked myself. The neck on that thing was not to be believed. It played itself, pretty much. And the cleans, whoa.

Nice nice build. Very unexpected on this forum. Maybe even nicer for that.