I just recieved an XLR microphone with my PA system. There are no directions regarding how to use it. Anyway, when we plug into the PA system, nothing comes out of the speakers. How are these mics supposed to work?
Last edited by metalband84 at Nov 28, 2009,
Vague question is vague. Pictures might help?

By the way sound's not supposed to come OUT of the mic. You're supposed to sing into it and the sound comes out of speakers.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
well when I speak into the mic, while the PA and mic are on, my voice doesn't come out of the speakers. All there is, is a buzzing noise from the speakers.
Quote by metalband84
well when I speak into the mic, while the PA and mic are on, my voice doesn't come out of the speakers. All there is, is a buzzing noise from the speakers.
Hm... maybe something's not plugged into the right place? Or your knobs aren't set right, maybe you have the master volume down or something?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
Hm... maybe something's not plugged into the right place? Or your knobs aren't set right, maybe you have the master volume down or something?

Maybe, but when we put in a 1/4 cable mic, it works fine.
pics of xlr mic?

maybe it needs phantom power. I know my condenser mic does.

Luckily the only thing I ever run it through has phantom power inbuilt and I just turn on the switch!

Check if you're main box has phantom power?
Last edited by mdwallin at Nov 29, 2009,
is the mic switched on? Does it require phantom power? have you checked the cables?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yes, the mic is on, and the cables are brand new, nothing wrong with them. Can you explain phantom power?