I picked up a Line 6 MM-4 today on the cheap. I do not have pics of it yet because my sister isn't home and she has the camera. Here's a stock pic to hold you over.

I played it for an hour or so but have yet to scratch the surface of this. There are 16 different effects to choose from and 4 user presets. After the first run through of all the effects I like the Leslie simulator, the analog chorus, and the phase 90 simulator the most. I'm hoping to be able to dial in a nice univibe tone but I've yet to dial it down. Of the choruses the analog chorus is the most subtle. It still has some shimmer but not nearly as much as the Dimension D and the Tri Chorus. I'm not a big chorus user but that may change soon. The pitch vibrato based on the Boss VB-2 sounds very nice. I may be using it as a pseudo tape delay simulation when used on the wet output of a delay pedal.

If there are any other MM-4 users out there, what are your favorite settings? And if anybody has gotten a good Bridge of Sighs univibe tone out of this, PLEASE tell me what your settings were. I think the biggest oversight Line 6 has in the xx-4 pedal series is not having a place on their website where users can post their settings such as Digitech does for their RP series.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
no clipz tonight, its late. possibly tomorrow but if not then it will not be until next weekend as this week is finals week and I have to work 28 hours on top of that.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

and of course a shot of the board

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by nightraven
hnpd!

are the 'dimension' and 'tri chorus' sims of the roland dimension d and the dyno tri stereo chorus?

yes they are, they sound great, a little too shimmery for most of what I do but I'm sure I'll find a setting with them that I like.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

H(belated)PD!

I really like the line 6 multi pedals. I have the FM4 and I use it all the time.

does the FM4 have that crazy filter effect like the Throw Away Your Television solo?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273
does the FM4 have that crazy filter effect like the Throw Away Your Television solo?

If it isn't the exact same, I'm pretty sure it has something really similar. Also the FM4 is fun as hell just to screw around you can get some crazy sounds out of it.

DL4 + FM4 + Digitech Whammy = completely ridiculously awesome.
I have a huge fear if rays.
HBNPD! Happy Belated New Pedal Day!

If I wasn't saving up for individual modulation effects, I would totally grab this pedal. Unless of course, you feel it's good enough to skip the individual stompboxes?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
HBNPD! Happy Belated New Pedal Day!

If I wasn't saving up for individual modulation effects, I would totally grab this pedal. Unless of course, you feel it's good enough to skip the individual stompboxes?

I would say the main thing to consider with the xx-4 pedals is that they only have 4 usable presets, rather than the sound which is pretty nice. Might be worth considering the MM13 since it's all the xx-4's in one, and it has 12(not sure) presets per "scene" and 32(not sure again) scenes. Maybe even the new MM9 but personally I could easily justify the extra $100 for the MM13 over the MM9.

Edit: Also with the xx-4 series you can only use one of the effects at once. the MM13 can use up to 4 effects from any of the pedals at once. i.e. 2 delays, 2 modulation; 1 delay, 1 mod, 2 synth; etc.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by ChrisBW
I would say the main thing to consider with the xx-4 pedals is that they only have 4 usable presets, rather than the sound which is pretty nice. Might be worth considering the MM13 since it's all the xx-4's in one, and it has 12(not sure) presets per "scene" and 32(not sure again) scenes. Maybe even the new MM9 but personally I could easily justify the extra $100 for the MM13 over the MM9.

Edit: Also with the xx-4 series you can only use one of the effects at once. the MM13 can use up to 4 effects from any of the pedals at once. i.e. 2 delays, 2 modulation; 1 delay, 1 mod, 2 synth; etc.

I actually was considering the M13 just yesterday, but bought some more essential effects first. I think to cover my modulation and other stuff, that wouldn't be bad at all. I am just so in love with the Paul Gilbert flanger sound that I wouldn't be able to get with a modeler. I dunno, I'll cross that bridge when I have money to buy more effects.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by lbj273

I'm pretty sure the FM-4 is actually what John uses for that.
not to hijack my own thread but are there any other pedals that do that? The next closest thing I can think of is the step phaser on the Boss PH-3.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by lbj273
not to hijack my own thread but are there any other pedals that do that? The next closest thing I can think of is the step phaser on the Boss PH-3.

It's not quite the same, since the sound he uses is a sequenced wah, like the Z. Vex Seek Wah. The step phaser on the PH-3 is a similar idea but the sequencer is moving a comb filter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments