Hello all!

To start, my rig currently consists of Mxr carbon copy delay, Mxr phase 100. Digitech whammy. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe tube amp and my good old Gibson SG.

The pedal i currently use is the Boss Metal Zone MT-2. It was one of the first pedals I bought when i was rather uneducated. Ive come to realize how massively this restricts my sound. I recently bought the Hot Rod Deluxe amp about a month ago, and I've realized how much i hate the MT-2 pedal.

All in all, I'm not sure if I'm looking for a distortion pedal or an overdrive pedal. I'm aiming to get a pedal that can give me the option to have heavy metal sounds such as Bring me the Horizon, but i also want the versatility to be rather clean and just play modern punk bands like Sum 41 or blink 182.

Bottom line, do i need two pedals to achieve the different sounds. or is there a super combo. And I'm not trying to cheap out, i will dish the cash if its necessary.

Thanks for your time

Some Pedals i was looking at
Sub Decay Blackstar
Sub Decay Stupid Box 2.0
Freakshow Brown Rabbit
Crazy Tube Circuits Black Magic
honestly, it sounds like you play alot of metal and hard rock to own a fender amp
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Fender amps can do metal just fine, they have a wonderful clean channel so they accept pedals really well, I would go for a distortion pedal. I was Recommended the AMT R1 and P1 pedals or the Hardwire TL-2, seems pertty nice, also Fulltone OCD's are nice, but limited, MXR has some nice distoriton pedals, all I can think of atm.
Some distortion pedals you may like:

TC Electronic Nova Drive
Radial Tonebone Hot British
Tech 21 Sansamp GT-2
Blackstar HT-DIST-X
Hardwire TL-2
i just checked out the TC Electronic Nova Drive. it looks pretty amazing, slightly out of my price range. But ill go demo it tomorow and see if its a keeper to add on my wish list

Thanks for suggestions (i did check out the other ones you listed dimebaglivedon, and nova seems to be the way to go)
Barber Electronics Dirty Bomb owns all. Especially at $100 US, it's a steal
Quote by TubeAmp89

This.
-Mike
Quote by TubeAmp89

I would say this, but the guy seems to have a pretty large budget if he's suggesting Subdecay pedals.

And TS, the ones you mentioned won't give you BMTH (although i dont see why you would want that... ).

Quote by ethan_hanus
I was Recommended the AMT R1 and P1 pedals

Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Blackstar HT-DIST-X

Seem like good ideas to me.

OR you could just get a Dirty Bomb.

You need to research a bit though.
Blackstar HT-Dual? OD & Dist in a box sound pretty nice, not sure if it'd do the metal you want.

INB4 GrisKy: Why not send your MT-2 to get the Keeley mod?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

@unit

ive looked into the dirty bomb and it gives me the impression im very limited to playing heavy, same for the HT-Dist-X and AMT R1 and P1 pedals. Do i need to get two separate pedals? one for heavy tones and the other for the cleaner ones?
Quote by UnknowingAcorn
@unit

ive looked into the dirty bomb and it gives me the impression im very limited to playing heavy, same for the HT-Dist-X and AMT R1 and P1 pedals. Do i need to get two separate pedals? one for heavy tones and the other for the cleaner ones?

Most of those pedals have gain/tone knobs for a reason.
Turn down the gain, adjust the tone a little and boom....you should be in alt territory.

But you really need to try those out.
Or look at a lot of video demos.
Or ask people who have the pedals already.

Edit:
And its unEt.

unit just sounds....erm....y'know.
Last edited by unet at Nov 29, 2009,
Alright sounds good to me

Thanks all for contributing, time to take a trip down to local music store and try pedals out for 2 hours XD

Edit - im really sorry, i just realized its unet, i know what u mean by unit. sorry about that =]
Quote by UnknowingAcorn
@unit

Nah, you might want to get a foot switch for your amp because you have to use the distortion pedals on the clean channel and then use your foot switch to switch to the amps gain channel which is a pertty nice blues overdrive.