Ok i am completely new to home recording and am a total noob and i could use some help. Im in a band with some friends and i do a lot of home playing in my bedroom. into alot of clasic rock, punk, grundge, metal core, some jazz n blusey things. i have a pretty low budget so id like something cheap.
i know i need these things:
computer
software
audio interface
mic for my amp
any one have recommendations about what kind of interface to buy and want software to use. right now i have a kinda old gateway mp 6954 laptop, i have audacity recording program (should probably upgrade)
so any guidance on what i can do to be able to record my riffs and and make some tracks with decent audio?
thanx for your help
Last edited by GuernZila at Nov 29, 2009,
What's the SPECS on your computer (Ram, speed, HD Size, etc)? Reaper is a great DAW - just download and use it... the Line 6 interfaces (GX-1, UX-1, UX-2) come with POD FARM which is a great Amp Sim with loads of Presets (like Guitar Rig) and once you get Reaper figured out there's a TON of free amp sims that'll PLUG-IN to Reaper - a lot of them sound better than Guitar Rig and they're FREE!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
oh i didnt notice that guitar rig is a program, i waz referring to micing my amp i should probly edit that...
but the specs om the computer r this i just copied it from another website
ntel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology with interrelated Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2050, Intel® 945GM chipset, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection (802.11a/b/g)

2GB PC4200 DDR2 memory for multitasking power; 533MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 1.6GHz processor speed

15.4" WXGA active-matrix TFT-LCD widescreen display with Ultrabright technology

120GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

so i waz thinking that i should buy a good mic and a usb interface, and just use audacity on my computer. but i also saw things like a usb mixer... would that be a better idea?