I am looking to purchase a new guitar before christmas and am moving up from 6 to 7 strings and would like to know of some companies who produce 7 string models, they dont have to be big brand names either if it has seven strings i wana hear about it
Ibanez
Schecter
ESP/LTD
Gibson (7 string explorer)
Jackson
Washburn
Epiphone (7 string LP models are still floating around out there)
EBMM
Carvin
Caparison
Vigier
Dean
Warmoth
Agile

I'm sure I'm missing some,but meh,someone else will fill in the gaps.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Schecter, Jackson, ESP, Ibanez, Caparison. Alot more. Gibson just came out with a explorer-7. I much prefer Schecters over all else. They offer the best quailty for the price.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
What style do you play?
What's your budget?
What specifications do you demand in a guitar?
Look at this, very good beginners 7 string from what I heard. But I have to take a look at those Agiel guitars that Prodigy179 posted, looks interesting.

http://www.mattsmusic4u.com/browse.cfm/guitars/electric-guitar/ibanez/ibanez-rg-fixed-rg7321fm-electric-guitar-blackberry-sunburst-7-string/4,1136.html
Ormsby
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
but that gib explorer has a 24.75" scale length and its too damn expensive.

the guys in the ERG legion thread are huge ibanez and agile fans. ive played maybe one or two used ibanezes in my life and no agiles so i cant honestly recommend you either. but i can speak highly of my washburn wg587. for the price you can now get them on ebay for, its great if you are looking for a seven but don't want to spend too much on one if you think there's a chance you won't like it. its actually a decent guitar and it comes with grovers. the stock pups arent bad, you can hear em on my "low riff 1 improved" track on my profile.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by SYLrules88
but that gib explorer has a 24.75" scale length and its too damn expensive.

the guys in the ERG legion thread are huge ibanez and agile fans. ive played maybe one or two used ibanezes in my life and no agiles so i cant honestly recommend you either. but i can speak highly of my washburn wg587. for the price you can now get them on ebay for, its great if you are looking for a seven but don't want to spend too much on one if you think there's a chance you won't like it. its actually a decent guitar and it comes with grovers. the stock pups arent bad, you can hear em on my "low riff 1 improved" track on my profile.

I've never really understood why they would use a shorter scale on a 7 string,it seems kind of an oxymoron.Then again,I don't understand so many of the marketing and design ideas that Gibson has these days.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Im currently in the process of saving up for a carvin custom seven string.. when i get it ill post pics asap and a demo if you wanna hear more about the carvin guitars
ADD OUR BAND ALUSTRIUM
Gear:
Carvin DC727
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Carvin V3
Carvin 412V-30 Cab
Kirk Hammett Cry Baby
EVH Phase 90
MXR Black Label Chorus
Digitech Whammy
ISP G-String Decimator
Line 6 EchoPark
^Hahahahahaha etc.^

Really depends on what level of quality you're looking for and how much you want to spend. You can get anything from a Dean for under $200 to an Ibanez for over $2000. Look around, see what appeals to you. Pretty much every major company will have at least one 7 string model, so take whatever you like to play now and look up what 7 strings they make.