Page 1 of 2

Soooooo.....

Christmas season is upon us once again. Thanksgiving is in the rearview mirror and we lool forward to that festive day of family and gift-giving. Soon many of you will be trying to figure out what kind of presents to give your friends and family. But there's always at least one person on your list you just can't figure out. Of course you'll ask The Pit for help. Where else would a UGer go with their problems?

Rather than have a ton of individual threads, let's just have one thread.
That will save a ton of clutter and make it easier on everyone.

Guidelines:
The gift idea can be for anyone in your life.
Parent, sibling, child, spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend ... anyone.
But not yourself, of course.

Gifts are personal. If you want good gift ideas, tell us who the person is in relation to you. And tell us a little about the things they like. This will help narrow down the ideas into just ones that might be useful for you.

Quote the post of the person you're replying to, so they know you're responding to them. If it's a lengthy question post, feel free to edit out most of the quote and just leave the gist of it. This will take up less space on the thread.

Be sure to scan the thread for ideas.
You might find a great idea already on the thread.

No one wants to be a dog this time of year.
By sharing ideas, you won't have to be the guy who gives a crappy present.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
What can I get my __self__ for CHRISTMAS
- hug
- hand job
- money

hmmmmm which one to pick
Quote by cwl
What can I get my __self__ for CHRISTMAS
- hug
- hand job
- money

hmmmmm which one to pick
Get yourself a nose. Then you can pick it as often as you like.

Please read the OP. "But not yourself, of course."
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

That would make an awesome weapon in Cluedo.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
That would make an awesome weapon in Cluedo.

Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
25th i think
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by fearofthemark

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
What can I get my penis for Christmas?

I'm thinking maybe a little hat for it. Good idea?
kill all humans
Definitely, he's already opening his mouth for it.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
What do I get my girlfriend for xmas?

I'm spending the holidays at her family in Canada.

We'll have been together for 8 months then and so far I've only bought her a cute mug.
I've never bought anything for a girl, what do I get?
(No jewlery)
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

We'll have been together for 8 months then and so far I've only bought her a cute mug.
(No jewlery)

Good luck.
EDIT:Oh, JEWlery. Then might I suggest some jewelery?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Last edited by Froboarder at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

(No jewlery)

*cue obligatory dickin a box joke*

You need to give more information, The defaults are jewellery and/or perfume.
How much are you willing to send? What kind of thing is your girlfriend interested in?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
*cue obligatory dickin a box joke*

You need to give more information, The defaults are jewellery and/or perfume.
How much are you willing to send? What kind of thing is your girlfriend interested in?

Well I'm already paying about 700€ to just see her for Xmas so I'm trying to keep things small.
I guess she'd want something cute and lovely I guess, not really something that she can use, just something to hold on to.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Well I'm already paying about 700€ to just see her for Xmas so I'm trying to keep things small.
I guess she'd want something cute and lovely I guess, not really something that she can use, just something to hold on to.

Have you considered making something? The best gift I ever got for Christmas was a chess board that my girlfriend made me. Makes it much more personal.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Have you considered making something? The best gift I ever got for Christmas was a chess board that my girlfriend made me. Makes it much more personal.

Huh ok, I'll think about it.
What do you lot think about less tangible presents, so instead of some jewellery or a watch or whatever, your girlfriend got you tickets to a show or something like that?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year, and I know he's going to spend quite a bit of money on me this Christmas. He's super romantic and has a great imagination for gifts, but I'm kind of the opposite.

We both love the theatre and musicals etc and we live in London, so I was thinking of taking him to see his favourite show at the end of December, and for a meal afterwards. I could even save money on lastminute.com and book a nice hotel for the night.

But I'm not sure if he'd like something from me that he can look at all the time, rather than a nice memory with me. What do you guys think - which would you prefer?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
What can I get my penis for Christmas?

I'm thinking maybe a little hat for it. Good idea?

pahaha, new sig
Quote by Calibos
I was rolling a cigarette when I noticed a tiny spider on the inside of my rizla. I quickly lobbed some tobacco on top, rolled up, and smoked that bitch. Felt pretty bad after.

Formspring

SO CASH
Quote by Ur all $h1t

I'm not a jew, I'm atheist as well, but I didn't think people would know Richard Dawkins

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

I'm not a jew, I'm atheist as well, but I didn't think people would know Richard Dawkins

Seriously?I think most people here do.
The playground of the world
What to get my 15 (maybe 16) year old brother?

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Quote by Froboarder
Good luck.
EDIT:Oh, JEWlery. Then might I suggest some jewelery?
*jewelry.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

(No jewlery)
cute is always good. a mug is functional. she'll prolly use it and think about you. you don't have much budget, so keep it simple. maybe something with no functionality at all? like a stuffed animal for in her room or smth.

Quote by rigiddigits
What do you lot think about less tangible presents, so instead of some jewellery or a watch or whatever, your girlfriend got you tickets to a show or something like that?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year, and I know he's going to spend quite a bit of money on me this Christmas. He's super romantic and has a great imagination for gifts, but I'm kind of the opposite.

We both love the theatre and musicals etc and we live in London, so I was thinking of taking him to see his favourite show at the end of December, and for a meal afterwards. I could even save money on lastminute.com and book a nice hotel for the night.

But I'm not sure if he'd like something from me that he can look at all the time, rather than a nice memory with me. What do you guys think - which would you prefer?
don't put too much thought into "rather". just make a plan and go with it. what you're suggesting sounds ace. you probably should add something tangible into the mix, though. something very inexpensive.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
i need to get my gf something for her bday (the 14th, shes turning 19) and christmas, no idea what!!

she doesnt want jewelry, she tells me not to get her clothes since shes picky, as well i was going to get her new boots since she always was talkin about these boots she wanted, but her dad got her those randomly one day!

anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i need to get my gf something for her bday (the 14th, shes turning 19) and christmas, no idea what!!

she doesnt want jewelry, she tells me not to get her clothes since shes picky, as well i was going to get her new boots since she always was talkin about these boots she wanted, but her dad got her those randomly one day!

anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated
you didn't really tell much about her other than her age. no clothes, no jewlery. what's left in a 14 y/o girl's areas of interest? music, maybe. buy her some discs or posters of her favorite artists?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by rigiddigits
*stuff*

Dunno if the guy in mind here is anything like me, but I would always go for tickets, especially if it's for something I
a) didn't know about
b) couldn't afford on my own
c) really, really don't want to miss
d) any combination.

And, if you're hung up on something tangible, perhaps some kind of memorabilia from the trip?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Dunno if the guy in mind here is anything like me, but I would always go for tickets, especially if it's for something I
a) didn't know about
b) couldn't afford on my own
c) really, really don't want to miss
d) any combination.

And, if you're hung up on something tangible, perhaps some kind of memorabilia from the trip?

+1

Your idea sounds really great, and a little souvenir would really top it off. Perhaps a mug related to whatever you end up seeing?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Should I get a guy I'm kind of seeing at the moment a present for christmas?
He's 3 years older than me, will be a medical officer in the RN in 2 years time. Sort of guy who actually goes to bed early because he has to be up at 6am to go to his placement at the hospital, whereas I'm still at the stage where I'm a fresher who will and can party til the early hours and act like a nutter because I'm only 18.
He likes stuff like port/whiskey/brandy, paté, chocolate, shooting (game birds)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by rigiddigits

It sounds like a great idea. Programs make for good mementos. This kind of thing makes for a far better gift than tangible gifts that are often either a) impersonal (like a watch or perfume) or b) not what the person wanted. He will appreciate that you went to the effort to make a nice day for him, and if he's super romantic sounds like he'll enjoy it even more. And keep in mind that every guy's ideal day begins with waking up to a blowjob
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
ATTENTION LADIES

I am going to pre-empt a lot of your questions. If the person you are buying for is male, there is only one thing you need to buy. I give you...

REMOTE CONTROL WHIRLIGIG!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by OddOneOut
Should I get a guy I'm kind of seeing at the moment a present for christmas?
He's 3 years older than me, will be a medical officer in the RN in 2 years time. Sort of guy who actually goes to bed early because he has to be up at 6am to go to his placement at the hospital, whereas I'm still at the stage where I'm a fresher who will and can party til the early hours and act like a nutter because I'm only 18.
He likes stuff like port/whiskey/brandy, paté, chocolate, shooting (game birds)
kinda depends on how long you've been seeing him and what level you're at.

if it's just an occasional date, maybe no gift or keep it simple/inexpensive.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by jeremessmore
He said she was going to be ninteen on the fourteenth. But yeah cd's
yeah, I got the age part. he didn't tell much other than that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I don't know what to get my boyfriend for christmas... By the time it rolls around we'll either have been together for a month or two years and a month, whichever way you look at it. (we were broken up for quite some time in between.) I don't want it to be something small like you would buy for someone that you've only been dating a month, and it IS our third christmas together, but, I'm a waitress so... I don't have very much money. I'm driving out to see him on the twenty-ninth as well. Any ideas?
I need to find my brother (21 y.o.) something for Christmas. He's an engineer, shares my love for Russian literature, and likes music that I'm not all that into. He made it clear that he doesn't want any books because he has way too much to read as it is, and my mom already got him the one album I know he wants Now I don't have any ideas left.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Page 1 of 2