Just a quick question, can cutting your finger nails to short cause pain in the side of your finger tip. I have mine cut really short an on my left hand, on the left side of fingertip on my index finger, theres a small pain. It's been doing this for a few days, and the pain increases a little bit when i try to type or play guitar or do anything with it. Any ideas on what it could be. And I've been playing for about 16 months and had plenty of calluses, so its not from fretting my guitar.
Quote by Adisturbedone
Just a quick question, can cutting your finger nails to short cause pain in the side of your finger tip. I have mine cut really short an on my left hand, on the left side of fingertip on my index finger, theres a small pain.

Answered your own question, dinya?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Answered your own question, dinya?

Well i wasnt sure if it was cause of my finger nails being to short or something else that just happened to happen when I had short nails
yea, hold off on guitar and stuff until it feels like the pain is over, or else you'll just prolong it
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
yea, hold off on guitar and stuff until it feels like the pain is over, or else you'll just prolong it

Well this sucks. Getting a 360 for Christmas, its already in my house, but I cant use it till Christmas. My guitar was the only thing I had to pass the time
Yeah, it can cause minor pain and a small amount of bleeding but it doesn't last very long at all. The pain should be gone in a few days since fingernails usually grow pretty fast.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
however long your fingernails are will cause a ridge in your finger callouses right at their edge. if you let your nails grow out the calous ridge moves out with it. you should start filing your nails every few days and just keep them at the same length all the time so the old callous ridge doesnt get too far away from your new nail edge after you shorten them with filing or cutting or else the new edge will be digging in at an uncalloused part of your fingertip because its too far away from where the old callous ridge was. ive had some problems with this before i started filing my four fretting fingers but strict nail length managment helped me eliminate the problem.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
however long your fingernails are will cause a ridge in your finger callouses right at their edge. if you let your nails grow out the calous ridge moves out with it. you should start filing your nails every few days and just keep them at the same length all the time so the old callous ridge doesnt get too far away from your new nail edge after you shorten them with filing or cutting or else the new edge will be digging in at an uncalloused part of your fingertip because its too far away from where the old callous ridge was. ive had some problems with this before i started filing my four fretting fingers but strict nail length managment helped me eliminate the problem.

Thanks, I didn't know that