I am considering an American Deluxe Stratocaster as the next guitar im gonna buy, but i have a question. I know that the Fender doesnt have a Floyd Rose tremelo system to keep it in tune when you use it, and im assuming they dont make it where everytime you use the whammy bar you to retune your guitar, but my question is how well does the tremelo system work as far as staying in tune for dive bombs, other whammy tricks, and regular whammy bar use?
depends on how well you string your guitar. If you have well lubricated saddles/nut and you lock your strings at the tuning peg. Then they can take a resonable amount of whammy work before they go out of tune. It also depends on your playing style. IF you do subtle vibrato clapton/gilmour style they will stay in tune quite well. if you play like steve vai not long :P
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I've played quite a few strats and I have to say that if you are planning on doing dive bombs and other extreme techniques, a strat may not be for you. My American Standard strat holds up pretty well with whammy use, but I mostly use it for a bit of vibrato here and there, nothing too extreme. If you want to use it like a Floyd Rose, get a guitar with a floyd rose.
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
It's good for vibrato, and no matter what you do with it, it won't hold up like a Floyd Rose or other locking trem system will. That's basically the whole truth.

However, if you have a well lubricated and shaped nut, good saddles and locking tuners, you'll get close. The idea is to minimise friction as much as possible, and the locking trem is the best at this because the strings basically stretch from the nut to the intonation point, which means little to no friction.
If you use the Strat's vibrato as a a Strat's vibrato and the guitar is set up and maintained properly, there's no reason for it to go out of tune.
If you use the Strat's vibrato like a Floyd Rose, you're going to be going out of tune, breaking the arm of the bridge and dulling the bridge itself beyond repair. Even then you still won't get the range you want because they're simply two very different sytems made for two different playing styles.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My American Deluxe stays in tune excellently. I can do anything from "dive bombs" to flutters and it stays in tune for weeks. It doesn't have the range of a FR but it'll handle whatever you dish out.
See if you can find a Fender Richie Sambora sig. Looks like the US made versions are going for around $1,000 USD on eBay.
Quote by consecutive e
See if you can find a Fender Richie Sambora sig. Looks like the US made versions are going for around $1,000 USD on eBay.
This is actually a very good idea, they were great guitars. HSS, active mid boost and a Floyd - though some of the Japanese made versions were just as good as the American ones, cheaper and the only thing they were missing was the mid boost, if I recall correctly.

Quote by JELIFISH19
My American Deluxe stays in tune excellently.
Depending on the year it was made though, many Deluxe models have all or any mix of roller nuts, locking tuners and a different bridge than the Standard does.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.