Ok, so my dad's friend had this guitar and he didnt know how to play it so he gave it to my dad to give to me. Its a really nice guitar, and I know its a Fender. Does anyone know what kind? Does it have a specific name?
Attachments:
Fender 1.jpg
Fender 2.jpg
fender 3.jpg
Looks like an American Standard or Deluxe Strat. I can't see the bridge clearly.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hmm
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I'm pretty sure that's an American Standard Strat
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
Quote by jimzer
stndard. deluxe has mop inlays im pretty sure

Abolone inlays.

But it's an MIA Standard. You lucky git
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Abolone inlays.

But it's an MIA Standard. You lucky git

So does that mean its rare? And ill get a picture of the bridge for you guys to see, if it makes a difference.
Do you play guitar? If you don't, I would go get lessons. That would be a super-nice guitar for you to start on. Hell, it'd be a good guitar for anyone, starter or pro.
I do play guitar, dont get me wrong here. I just dont know the value/rarity of them. This is gonna be my 3rd guitar I have, so Im probably gonna end up selling my epiphone les paul, since this one is clearly better than it.
It's not rare. Just costs a pretty penny. I'd thank your Dad's friend A TON! Hell, I'm trying to save up and buy one of them! (Different color of course) If you went to buy it now it would be anywhere from $850 - $1200. Not sure what the 2000 is worth exactly. Keeper for sure!
I wouldn't sell the les paul. The strat isn't "better" as it were it's just more expensive, there will be things your les paul will be better at. unless it's an Epi les paul special. But if it's a standard or custom, it's pretty good guitar. You may aswell have 2 good guitars instead of one.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah