Hey all, Jsut want an opinion on this through amazon. Looks like a good deal, I know Deans are good and I love the design. But am curious why its been dropped so low. Anyone use this before?

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Stealth-Electric-Guitar-Silver/dp/B001FW9CNI/ref=br_lf_m_1000449681_1_6_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&pf_rd_p=498057551&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000449681&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0G3XJWPBXZ0XXQEW3PRK
Quote by Amazon
I thought this guitar would be a steal, since I nabbed it while the price was 1/2 of what "the other guys" were selling it for. When I popped open the case, however, I knew that I would be sending it back immediately. There was a lack of original factory packaging, and 2 strings were twisted and not laying properly in the nut. There was also a scratch upon inspection. Furthermore, I've never played such a crummy-feeling guitar. Very bad action and dead frets make me count down the days until I get a full refund. The price was great, and delivery was fast. Unfortunately, it was not in the "new" condition that I thought I would receive.

I daresay that's why.
Lol yeah I read that. I didnt want to base it off this one guys experience though
when it comes to online shopping: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Reason it's cheaper; They don't bother having it properly set up and inspected, as you can see.

When I shop online, here's what I use as a basis of if it's okay or not. Firstly, consider the make and model of course, which it seems you have. Secondly. Read ALL reviews and judge if they are viable or not. If all the reviews are saying it's a perfect guitar, don't trust em. Every guitar has a fault or setback, and if nobody can pick that fault up, they don't know what they're talking about. If there's one guy saying how it's a pathetic pile of firewood, and not being specific, just bashing in general, he's an idiot and again cannot be trusted.

My ideal review column looks like:

A: I love this guitar!!! It's everything I wanted it to be.
B: Wonderful guitar, action is a little high and it's a bit heavy, but sounds great.
C: Heavy, but gorgeous guitar, well worth the money. Will be replacing the knobs soon though.

This tells me: Setup may not be exact but playable, slightly on the heavy side, aesthetically as appealing as it was in photos, knobs may be uncomfortable, sounds nice for what it's worth. Versatile, fun to play, all round nice guitar aside from being heavy and a few small tweaks.

That, I can spend my money on. If you're in doubt, look up reviews of the guitar itself and then reviews of the buyer. If you're buying off guitar center or musicians friend, expect it to arrive in decent condition with some degree of quality. some. buying off amazon? Don't expect them to be instrument experts, they have no idea what they're doing and handle thousands of completely different products daily.

Harmony Central and Ultimate Guitar are two great places for guitar reviews, then just google <insert dealer / website name here> reviews to see if they're legit or not.

Tadaa. How to buy online in a nutshell. That's what I did with my Agile, and I am definitely satisfied with that purchase. All my others were pretty much walk into guitar center and pick up a used floor model, fiddle around with it, realize they're in great condition minus a nick or chip in completely useless places which ends up giving me a couple hundred off and walk out with it.

EDIT:@ Pickle, +9000.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 29, 2009,