balls! sooo may to choose from. must have tubes and be good for low bedroom listening levels. i play 95% metal. obituary, lamb of god, dimmu borgir, and morbid angel. really no need for a clean. i had the 6505 combo. that thing was way too heavy, noisy, and mega loud. absolutely sucked without cranking it. anyways, i wanna keep this under a thousand bucks. sooo far, i've checked out the Randall RG50TC, and the new peavey 6505 ll 1X12 combo. anyother suggestions?

oh, i play through a schecter blackjack baritone.
Quote by hidden132
Check this out i have it and it sounds really good. It has 6505 built into it plus mesa rectifier. it sounds killer. they have 2x12 version and head version too
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Tube-Amp?sku=482912

Hope you are joking.

However, suggestions:

- ENGL Thunder/Screamer combo
- Blackstar HT-5 head + a nice cab + Bad Monkey OD + MXR 10-band EQ
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Hope you are joking.

However, suggestions:

hmmm... i tried a blackstar at gc and want too impressed for metal. i imagine a good od would change that.
Quote by lust of decay
hmmm... i tried a blackstar at gc and want too impressed for metal. i imagine a good od would change that.

yea ive heard some good metal tones outta these but you have to buy some add ons
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by WtrPlyr
Can you go used?

The 112 6505 combo should be a nice amp for you.

i heard that sounds fizzy and doesnt have punch like it's bigger brother. i read somewhere that speaker and tubes were changed and it didnt improve much.

yeah, i could go used
Quote by JesusCrisp
Hope you are joking.

However, suggestions:

Don't discount the Vypyr Tubes, they sound pretty good.

The 6505+ won't be much quieter than the 6505, and it does sound like its older brothers.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Don't discount the Vypyr Tubes, they sound pretty good.

The 6505+ won't be much quieter than the 6505, and it does sound like its older brothers.

i heard the vypyr 212 sounded thin and didnt have much low end crunch. also, that it didnt weigh much and was cheaply made.
Last edited by lust of decay at Nov 29, 2009,