Ok so there is a lot of hate centerd around metalcore groups within the metal society, namely around bands like Suicide Silence and Bring me the Horizon, now before you read anything else read this carefully, i do not like those bands music at all and never have, but i do love death metal, my fave band being Deicide, now, what is it, that makes people respect and love bands like Deicide over metalcore groups like SS and BMTH? why do so many metalheads hate metal core groups and groups like that?
this is a question that has plagued my mind for awhile and i come to the metalheads of the pit now for a serious awnser

come one guys'

help me here with an informative awnser
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Blah blah blah whine whine whine wrong forum.

Listen here, i'm asking for other peoples opinions, and that is all.

i am not whining
Because the whole metal genre is comprised of angsty brats who don't bathe.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Because elitist metalheads don't like change, although they'll quite happily complain when a band doesn't do something new.

Elitist metalheads are very confused young people. I think it's the onset of puberty.

In the end, there's nothing wrong with -core bands. If you like them, great. If you don't like them, great. Some people see -core genres as a bastardisation of metal, but seem to forget that metal is a bastardisation of blues and rock n' roll.
it's because a lot of metalcore bands are centered around fashion and their image just as much as they are centered around music itself. such as avenged sevenfold, who have contracts with diesel clothing. also, they spend too long on their hair to try and make 13 year old girls buy their albums, instead of using that time to practice shredding so that real metal fans will buy their albums. also because it's the trendy thing today, just like nu metal was 10 years ago, and hair metal was 10 years before that. and then there's the whiny bull shit cliches about dying roses and all this blah blah blah my girlfriend left me, with bands like bullet and killswitch. and then there's the emoish singing.
A cynical response would be as follows: As far as I can discern, this type of metal elitism exists because people want metal to remain more of a niche/elitist genre. 'Core seems to have popularized heavy music, to the point where average people associate angsty teen kids with "death metal" and "black metal", although of course they just listen to 'core. Most elitists just don't wanna be associated with that, as they think it diminishes their own style of music, at least superficially, to "just something the kids do".

Personally, I don't like it because of how relatively uninspired it is. Fun for a little while, yeah, but gets boring pretty quickly. Also a little bit of the above; I can't stand a lot of those sort of people. Low lives my age who think they're all that because of how br00tz their music is. I hate those people for the most part, although I think it is a bit immature to hate the music for that reason.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

its because we metal fans are actually the biggest bunch of bitches who will condemn a band simply for the way their hair looks. i actually got into metalcore before i discovered death metal so i have experienced mixed views on both. when it comes down to it people will never stop having opinions and trying force them on others. although a lot of people hate on bmth because olly sykes is a massive douchebag
I quite like metalcore, I just don't like BMTH cuz they suck but yet everyone loves them for some reason
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm tolerant of metalcore and I listen to DM (Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Nile ETC)

Just not that much because most metalcore bands sound so similar.

The way I got to DM was through metalcore, so I have some respect for it.

But now, DM is just superior IMO.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
I believe it's because '-core' is associated with 'scene' and the cross-dressing that comes with it.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Because elitist metalheads don't like change, although they'll quite happily complain when a band doesn't do something new.

Elitist metalheads are very confused young people. I think it's the onset of puberty.

In the end, there's nothing wrong with -core bands. If you like them, great. If you don't like them, great. Some people see -core genres as a bastardization of metal, but seem to forget that metal is a bastardization of blues and rock n' roll.

This
The only thing wrong with this statement was the parts I highlighted... that being the misspelling of bastardization. I'm not actually a grammar nazi, I was just pointing out how much I agree
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
Quote by isildurs_bane
I believe it's because '-core' is associated with 'scene' and the cross-dressing that comes with it.

SO true. I hate that tight pants crap.
Why should I come down?
Quote by Metallicam
This
The only thing wrong with this statement was the parts I highlighted... that being the misspelling of bastardization. I'm not actually a grammar nazi, I was just pointing out how much I agree

I'm sorry for spelling things in the correct English. I'll remember to only spell in American English from now on
It all depends on your reference to -core bands. It seems today that you can flick through a dictionary, put your finger on a word and stick it in front of -core and you have yourself a new genre. The first core genre really was hardcore...because it makes sense really. Metalcore was originally, if you go back to the actual roots of it, not just when it became mainstream, a hybrid of hardcore punk and metal, i.e. metalcore. And when it was simply that..it was good. Someone like Lamb of God would really fit into that genre, but now I hate labelling them (admittedly I hate labelling in the first place...so what am i doing here?) under that category because of bands like BMTH and SS and TDWP...and bands like that which are all about image and angry pre-pubescent messages for kids to relate to.
As for death metal, Im not a massive fan, but I will admit that if you do actually listen to it there is a very musical element to it, under the wall of random noise that most people only seem to hear. It is a very technical and skilled level of metal, and all these wannabe death-core bands seem to me like just a few kids that want to be accepted into the extreme metal genre without really studying it, and feel that if they just bash away and detuned drums, and dischordant chromatics on guitars and bass, while high pitch screaming about lost lovers all adds up to death metal. And that is the epitome of poser, and posers are the enemies of the music world; especially metal.
Quote by Metallicam
This

Wow you're a dickhead.

Also, 90% of BMTH fans I know are ******s/scene kids or fan-girls who have a micro-orgasm every time you say Ollie Sykes.
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by SkepsisMetal
It all depends on your reference to -core bands. It seems today that you can flick through a dictionary, put your finger on a word and stick it in front of -core and you have yourself a new genre. The first core genre really was hardcore...because it makes sense really. Metalcore was originally, if you go back to the actual roots of it, not just when it became mainstream, a hybrid of hardcore punk and metal, i.e. metalcore. And when it was simply that..it was good. Someone like Lamb of God would really fit into that genre, but now I hate labelling them (admittedly I hate labelling in the first place...so what am i doing here?) under that category because of bands like BMTH and SS and TDWP...and bands like that which are all about image and angry pre-pubescent messages for kids to relate to.
As for death metal, Im not a massive fan, but I will admit that if you do actually listen to it there is a very musical element to it, under the wall of random noise that most people only seem to hear. It is a very technical and skilled level of metal, and all these wannabe death-core bands seem to me like just a few kids that want to be accepted into the extreme metal genre without really studying it, and feel that if they just bash away and detuned drums, and dischordant chromatics on guitars and bass, while high pitch screaming about lost lovers all adds up to death metal. And that is the epitome of poser, and posers are the enemies of the music world; especially metal.

+1

Don't leave out Deathcore, no offense, just not my cup of tea.
Why should I come down?
i thought nirvana=angsty teen troubles. I would probably lean more towards Death metal than any of the -core genres and as for why metal-heads don't like -core bands its already been said they are more about an image than being a greasy dirty asshole who can shred like a maniac.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

And for once there is actually some really good awnsers in response to one of my questions
I'll tell you why:

BREEE BREEEEEE

*breakdown*

Slam Riffs

*Breakdown*

*Breakdown*

But I will admit a good lot of bands aren't like that, and some bands should be reviewed individually. But it is sort of because the genre has become a cesspool of generics, sort of the same as the current brutal death metal scene, and it really seems like every band is trying to copy the first few dc bands. The fact that a good lot of them are little whiny bitches doesn't help either.