Well im about to head out to guitar center well soon as they open ha cause its sunday ah~ Anyways i own a Ibanez rg120. And i like to play in drop c problem is i dont got the thick strings for it. Im wonderin if i can possibly use thicker strings on that guitar? with out having big issues...I like to play in drop c or drop d so i figured maybe beefy slinkys 54 would do the job for a tighter sound?

I also added a extra sping too get more tension so let me know if any one could tell me :P
you should be sweet with those for drop c and d standard but for drop d the might be a bit to tight.
also you will most likely have to reset the action and probably do a bit of truss rod adjustment
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
If youve got a floyd rose on there your gonna need to do some serious adjusting to it, but i agree with dr_shred, should be fine for d standard and drop c, but perhaps a little tight for drop d.
ouch im trying too avoide truss rod adjustment iv never messed with them and dont wanna even atempt it! But no its not a floyd just a simple tremo. It shouldn't be too bad i hope maybe il ask when i get there. My old friend had the same guitar but in red and got thicker strings i was there and they put them on for him... But im not sure if they messed with the truss rod?
Quote by Starm6
ouch im trying too avoide truss rod adjustment iv never messed with them and dont wanna even atempt it! But no its not a floyd just a simple tremo. It shouldn't be too bad i hope maybe il ask when i get there. My old friend had the same guitar but in red and got thicker strings i was there and they put them on for him... But im not sure if they messed with the truss rod?

Nooo. You shouldn't have to adjust the truss rod!
He meant you'll need to adjust the tightness of the springs in the trem in order to get it to sit flat.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I got the strings put them on :P i didnt even have to Adjust nothing?! lol my bridge is flat as it can be.... plays fine sounds metalish compared to normal slinkys im lovin it... i got the beefy slinkys i guess with thicker strings you cant expect too do much bending ...but im okay with it i guess :P