What is the difference in sound between semihollow guitar (335) and a solid (Les Paul)? Pros and cons? I want a warmer and fuller clean sound than a solid body but still have enough bite for Zep-riffs, is a 335 the way to go? Alvin Lee, Jorma Kaukonen and Eric Clapton are the only rock players i know that have used a 335 often.
Any tips?
Dave Grohl from the Foo Fightersuses a 335, i think you'll be more than fine.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
well theres alot of differance, hollow and semi hollows have one major flaw, notes dont ring out at the same volume in different spots, thats been there downfall for years, thats actually why the solid body guitar was made, they dont have as much sustain and will feedback more, they do offer more acoustic warmer tones. also the have fuller tones and harmonic richness.
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Hi Guys, who can take me away a curiosity. Although I can clearly notice a difference between semihollow guitars and solid body, technically why is there a difference in the sound? I know that the hollow body resonates but is the pick up not supposed just to take the sound from the vibrating string irrespective of what is around it?? That's why there are guitars that are just a little piece of thin wood with strings and PU.. I never fully understood this... thanks!