Hello everybody,

I am facing a big trouble and it is making me insane. I looked through all the internet and I couldnt find a good sound for my mt-2 and avt100.

I am looking for a sound for Metallica (Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets, Creeping Death, etc style) and Megadeth maybe

I want you to give me settings for both distortion pedal and avt100 marshall amp.(It has Bass, middle and treble) and another problem is that I am using a gibson les paul studio with regular pickups (since i dont have emg 81/85 set, some settings sound really awkward) I am going strait through clean of amp to pedal and then to my guitar.

Thanks for all the help,

P.s.: Please dont say use your ears or anything like that, mine are not that good "yet"
you should be able to come up with something good. "the jester race" by in flames was done using that exact combo. id suggest an eq pedal to fine tune and boost your mt-2
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
So you basically want great sound from a crap rig.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Rangor6363

P.s.: Please dont say use your ears or anything like that, mine are not that good "yet"

Well it seems like they are good to realize how crappy is the mt-2
Well, your problem is that you've got a sub par amp and pedal. Don't bother replacing your pickups unless you get a good amp first.

But out of interest, what are your settings?
the reason why ı have this setting is everything is x3.6 in my country + taxes... so i can buy the guitar from usa but I cant buy the amp from usa... there is no way of carrying it

so can any one give me a suggestion instead of saying that my amp sucks...

amp

gain: 12 o'clock
bass: 3 o'clock
middle: 12 o
treble: 12 o

pedal

level 12 o
high 2 o
low 11o
mid 1 o
mid freq 2 o
dist 3 o

these are my settings and they suck
Quote by Rangor6363
the reason why ı have this setting is everything is x3.6 in my country + taxes... so i can buy the guitar from usa but I cant buy the amp from usa... there is no way of carrying it

so can any one give me a suggestion instead of saying that my amp sucks...

amp

gain: 12 o'clock
bass: 3 o'clock
middle: 12 o
treble: 12 o

pedal

level 12 o
high 2 o
low 11o
mid 1 o
mid freq 2 o
dist 3 o

these are my settings and they suck

Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Mmaybe roll back the mid freq knob on the mt 2, it will give more humf
other than that your settings look alright honestly, I don't think you make it sound much better
You could also have your mt-2 modded by Keeley or Monte Allum (or any other pedal moder)
Quote by Rangor6363
another problem is that I am using a gibson les paul studio with regular pickups (since i dont have emg 81/85 set, some settings sound really awkward) I am going strait through clean of amp to pedal and then to my guitar.

Its easier to get metallica tones and megadeth tones from a passive pickup. What your hearing is your ears starting to realize your amp isn';t great for these things.

As for the settings for metallica, try scooping the mids, depending on the album is how far, least for DM, and like no mids for AJFA. Bass should be about 6, and treble a little higher. They don't use as much bass as you think, thats cliff or jason you mostly hear giving it that thickness.

As for megadeth, they don't really scoop mids, mayle like down to 4, but mostly not. High treble and keep the bass around 5.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ