I'm having a hard time believing in the future of music now with the autotune and sampling and shit. It requires absolutely no talent to record a decent sounding song these days and making it a huge hit.

What gets me about underground bands is so many of them sound like carbon copies of other bands. You can take about half of those independent symphonic black metal bands and put them on the same cd and it would just sound like it's the same band. Do you ever think every melody, beat, riff, lyric idea has been used over a million times before and that there is no more room for originality?
Last edited by KileManA7X at Nov 29, 2009,
nope, there is still plenty of room for creativity and originality.
and this thread has been made a million times already use the searchbar.
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
It's always been the same way. Every generation has far more "carbon copy" artists than original artists. Nothing new here other than technology.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by KileManA7X
You can take about half of those independent symphonic black metal bands and put them on the same cd and it would just sound like it's the same band.

If you want to hear something different, stop listening to the same stuff. Sheesh.

/thread
Ulver - Blood Inside / Perdition City
T3h Shred Boiz - wtf
Muse - The Resistance
Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible

All albums released within the last few years.
Quote by Fraserwatt
Ulver - Blood Inside / Perdition City

Ulver was my first thaught when I saw this thread ; - ) A great example of valuable music made with modern technologies.

There are lots of great, new bands out there, you just have to search a bit deeper. The best album of 2009 is IMO Animals as leaders - a milestone for the Djent movement, it's like mixing Meshuggah with Planet X, and some contemporary jazz. A breeze of fresh air ; - )

Even black metal merges and blends with other styles lately ex. Agalloch (Black/Post - Metal), Ashes against the grain is quite good compared to their older recordings (cant beat The Mantle though...)
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
Carvin DC 727 Custom w/ Bare Knuckle Pickups
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
BM 2x12" Celestion Vintage30 Custom cab
Line6 POD x3 Live
Behringer V-Tone GMX210, lol.

www.serpentia.pl
www.soundcloud.com/harpo777
Quote by The_flower_king
Ulver was my first thaught when I saw this thread ; - ) A great example of valuable music made with modern technologies.

There are lots of great, new bands out there, you just have to search a bit deeper. The best album of 2009 is IMO Animals as leaders - a milestone for the Djent movement, it's like mixing Meshuggah with Planet X, and some contemporary jazz. A breeze of fresh air ; - )

Even black metal merges and blends with other styles lately ex. Agalloch (Black/Post - Metal), Ashes against the grain is quite good compared to their older recordings (cant beat The Mantle though...)

Hell yeah!
I think now, more than ever with the widespread use of the ultimate source of knowledge that is the internet, original music has a chance to be made.
Call me Batman.