Hey, I own a boss md-2 distortion pedal and i can't get any good tone from it
my current gear is Squier Special Strat SE and Peavey Vypyr 30
I'm looking for a Megadeth-ish tone, can you guys help me out? Thanks in advance
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
sorry but mediocre guitar > mediocre pedal > mediocre amp isn't gonna give you a great tone.

and to be honest i've never been a fan of the boss distortion pedals. i had the same problem with a ds-1 a while back so i ended up selling it.
The problem is your amp. The pedal works best with a tube amp not solid state. There's not much you can do settings wise sorry.
The pedals works best with a large bonfire actually.

Seriously though, your not gonna get a convincing tone out of that through any amp really, let alone a modeling amp, you can get a better megadeth tone with your vypyr. Try a high gain amp model, 7or 8 gain, 5 bass, 4 mids, 8 or 9 treble.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
MD2 is one of the better Boss pedals out there, but like idiots they discontinued it. Anyway get a better amp, pedals don't work well with modelling amps.
Can you not get close to the sound you want from the amp alone, because you sure as hell should be able to.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yea all the stuff a vyper does you shouldnt need a pedal. If you want footswitch access to all the settings buy the pedal that goes with the amp.
Try diming the tone and have the low at about 2 o'clock, dime the gain boost, and have the distortion at noon. That works for me, but i'm using a Kalamazoo Epi
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by steven seagull
Can you not get close to the sound you want from the amp alone, because you sure as hell should be able to.

+1

if you want to try the pedal, try rolling the gain boost all the way off, and keep both the tone and bottom knobs below 12 o'clock. set the distortion knob to taste.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?