apart from metal,could it be good for stuff like RATM,Smashing pumpkins and a bit of RHCP.
mostly i play alternative metal and metalcore.could it pull out those bands?
Last edited by davor2705 at Nov 29, 2009,
RHCP not really. It can cover most other things though.

You would probably be better off with a different amp for alternative metal
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I'd say it can't do RHCP, but most other things, and what he said was helpful.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JLT73
RHCP not really. It can cover most other things though.

You would probably be better off with a different amp for alternative metal

how about a engl thunder ?im thinking tool,deftones,avenged sevenfold,ratm
I'd probably look into a Mesa Mark IV/V or Roadking
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
^this
What era Avenged Sevenfold?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I like it when people ask "Can said amp play said band(s)"
"No, the amp will refuse to make any noise whatsoever if you even attempt to play them"
I just got the 112 and must say I'm really happy with it. I manage a decent enough clean with an EMG S in the neck rolled back a bit on both tone and volume, some reverb and phase. The lead channel is amazing though with the 81, it cuts through anything and is so sweet. Roll back the volume a bit and it gives a great crunch sound too, as good as the crunch channel. I wouldn't call it versatile but its $2000 less than a Roadking... a bargain IMO.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by Tempoe
I just got the 112 and must say I'm really happy with it. I manage a decent enough clean with an EMG S in the neck rolled back a bit on both tone and volume, some reverb and phase. The lead channel is amazing though with the 81, it cuts through anything and is so sweet. Roll back the volume a bit and it gives a great crunch sound too, as good as the crunch channel. I wouldn't call it versatile but its $2000 less than a Roadking... a bargain IMO.

nice what kind of music do you play?i play mostly prog-metal,metalcore,alt.metal bui i hope the clean will be decent!
Consider the Bugera 6262 combo. Gain: 6505 with an actual low end, dampened by the fact that it's a combo, but still. Clean: ACTUALLY CLEAN. AND REALLY GOOD. I just bought one on Friday. Look it up.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Such as? If it's about reliability, they fixed that. If it's about tone, I GOT ONE ON FRIDAY AND IT'S AWESOME! Plus they have a pretty good warranty. Only bad thing is its VERY high wattage, which is the same as the Peavey. If you're in a situation where you can put it past 1.5, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Go on youtube and check out a guy called Dingle1. You won't hear it in his demos, but the amp also has an amazing clean channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGEl35E5kvM and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVnvOSjHec
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Consider the Bugera 6262 combo. Gain: 6505 with an actual low end, dampened by the fact that it's a combo, but still. Clean: ACTUALLY CLEAN. AND REALLY GOOD. I just bought one on Friday. Look it up.

6262 = Peavey 6505+ w/ worse reliability

AND he is talking about the combo which is 60 watts.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me