How good is the LTD KH 202 compared to the ibanez's in that price range?
As you can see on the link bellow it has floyd rose tremolo and EMG pickups, but I've seen no one who recommends it.

Btw I play mostly paul gilbert stuff and metallica.

http://www.thomann.de/se/esp_ltd_kh202bk_egitarre.htm
Last edited by and3nlol at Nov 29, 2009,
Is good for the price range, and if you can later upgrade the tremolo it should be a good guitar for a while. I have one and I upgraded to an Original Floyd Rose and it holds up pretty well; had it for about 5 years now.
As for Ibanez, it depends on what models you're looking at. Can you specify which ones you're interested on?
Generally speaking, I prefer Ibanez necks to ESPs - the ESP necks always feel a little wide to me, but that's just personal preference speaking.

Since you're talking about a guitar that costs less then $600 or so new, the tremolo isn't going to be particularly good. I wouldn't recommend using it for more then an occasional vibrato. Furthermore, I don't think those are EMGs - they are LTD active pickups. That means they're probably not the same quality as you would expect them to be. Also, if you're using an inexpensive solid state amp, the active pickups won't sound as good as they would through a tube amp anyway. They won't necessarily sound bad, but their full potential is wasted on most cheap SS amps.

In the <$500 price range, I would suggest that you get a fixed bridge rather then a tremolo system - usually they aren't very good at this point. Here are a couple of guitars that I would recommend to you. I'm just going to have to assume your budget is to $600.
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGR421EXFM
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG321MH
http://ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-SA260FM
These are all new, of course. If you're willing to buy used, a whole new world of options opens up.
Whats the best tremolo system, the ibanez edge III or this one, the floyd rose?
And thoman sais that those are "EMG-ESP LH-300 pick-up set"

And by the way I'm actually building my own firefly tube amp at the moment, so I hope that will give me a good sound :P
Quote by and3nlol

Many companies brand the pickups as EMG-"brand name" to make people think it's the real deal and waste money on them, It's a marketing gimmick. the pickups are just simply ESP LH-300. And both trems are quite poorly constructed, won't last for long. Save your money for a fixed bridge guitar. No trem-equipped guitar under $600 is going to give you what you need. They're also a pain to tune and restring if you don't know what you're doing. Just go with a fixed bridge to save trouble.
Quote by and3nlol

And by the way I'm actually building my own firefly tube amp at the moment, so I hope that will give me a good sound :P

They're both pretty mediocre,but out of those two I'd actually take the edge III,since even though it's prone to wear it actually works well,while the low end LTD trems feel like complete sh*t to me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
They're both pretty mediocre,but out of those two I'd actually take the edge III,since even though it's prone to wear it actually works well,while the low end LTD trems feel like complete sh*t to me.

What this guy said ^
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']What this guy said ^

There's also the Epi EM-2 FX prophecy model.I think it has an OFR if I remember correctly,and dual active/passive pickups.I'm no sure if the floyd is recessed or standard route though,so that might be a downside.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut

There's also the Epi EM-2 FX prophecy model.I think it has an OFR if I remember correctly,and dual active/passive pickups.I'm no sure if the floyd is recessed or standard route though,so that might be a downside.

I think it's recessed...wha'boutchu?

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I think it's recessed...wha'boutchu?

It's hard to tell really.Part of me thinks it is,and the other part says "Wtf kind of bridge route is that?" .

The easy solution would be for TS to play one or look up videos of it.

Quote by Pr0gNut
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I think it's recessed...wha'boutchu?

It's hard to tell really.Part of me thinks it is,and the other part says "Wtf kind of bridge route is that?" .

The easy solution would be for TS to play one or look up videos of it.

Went ahead and fixed that for ya there

But yeah, it's an odd routing. Good guitar though. The Prophecy LP and SG feel very solid.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Went ahead and fixed that for ya there

But yeah, it's an odd routing. Good guitar though. The Prophecy LP and SG feel very solid.

I got overzealous with the backspacery

It actually looks like it's a recessed route,but part of the bridge is filling the route,which is really odd.But yes,good quality guitars for the money.There's also the Futura Prophecy FR model,but that thing is f*cking atrocious.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I got overzealous with the backspacery

It actually looks like it's a recessed route,but part of the bridge is filling the route,which is really odd.But yes,good quality guitars for the money.There's also the Futura Prophecy FR model,but that thing is f*cking atrocious.

It's worse than the ESP EX/FX guitars, and I ****ing hate those things.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's worse than the ESP EX/FX guitars, and I ****ing hate those things.

Just look at it..........blech.It fills me with an odd mixture of anger,disgust,sadness,and pity.It's like an injured puppy that also happens to be extremely racist;I feel bad for it,but at the same time I hate it with all I am as a human.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']And doesn't Marcus Henderson have an Epi signature out that has the same shape?

Yeah,with scythe inlays or something like that,which makes it even worse.

So...
I should rather go with an Ibanez in that price range, than this esp kh202 then?
Quote by and3nlol
How good is the LTD KH 202 compared to the ibanez's in that price range
As you can see on the link bellow it has floyd rose tremolo and EMG pickups, but I've seen no one who recommends it.

Btw I play mostly paul gilbert stuff and metallica.

http://www.thomann.de/se/esp_ltd_kh202bk_egitarre.htm
Get a Used LTD MH400 or 401, arguably better EMGs (actives), set through neck, Mahogany (instead of Basswood, not that there's anything wrong with this), etc. Better Bang for the $$$ or €€€.

Quote by Geldin
Generally speaking, I prefer Ibanez necks to ESPs - the ESP necks always feel a little wide to me, but that's just personal preference speaking.

Having played the KH-601 and a number of Ibanezes, the KH has a less wide neck then a Wizard or Wizard II.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2