Quote by Xeus
so i have some ideas in 3/4 at 60 bpm, now i have reaper and want to align the grid thing but i think it does it in 4/4..so you got any suggestions how to reemdy this?

well im not completely sure what reaper is nor how it works but, you could simply transfer to 12/8 as both 4/4 and 3/4 can subdivide in that tempo. if i knew the program(?) i could help more but at least its a start
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
12/8 is not 4/4 and 3/4. I dont think any tempo can be a subdivision of both 4/4 and 3/4 just because one has a 4 part time and the other is a 3 part time. I may be wrong, but im almost sure of it.

EDIT: oh sh*t. i suddenly understood whatyou meant. Well, that could be a solution, but the accents could end up being wrong in some places.

BTW, i dont know what's reaper or how it works.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Nov 29, 2009,
For the record Reaper is a recording software. Dunno how to help OP though.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by TheBurningFish
For the record Reaper is a recording software. Dunno how to help OP though.

ummm, then, i think OP could just ignore the grid and play at his own time signature. it could help a lot if you took the grid off and you used a metronome with headphones
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
You can specify a time signature in Reaper by going to Project Settings under the File menu. Alternatively, pressing alt and Enter will bring up the Project Settings screen. I'm not sure whether this will accomplish what you are trying to do, since I have no idea what you mean by aligning the grid.