Page 1 of 2
Let me first say that I switched over to Mac around May of last year. Ever since then I will NEVER go back to windows. Now that I've said that (and probably will be flamed for it )....let me get on the subject of Snow Leopard.

Snow leopard has been out for a couple months now and most of the time it's been good. I had a few problems here and there but nothing to worry about it. But unfortunately yesterday I had the last straw. My band came over at 2PM to have a full day of recording our album. I turn on my mac, turn on my monitors, turn on Firestudio Project....wait....its not connecting to my mac? Wtf? I spent about an hour reinstalling drivers, rebooting, etc to find out that it was in fact my drivers that were messed up. And it was all because 2 days ago I re-installed snow leopard. Seriously? *sigh* After another hour of trying to "repair disk" I decided to say **** IT. So I simply wiped my HD and reinstalled Leopard....waddya know it works great again!!

Here's some problems I had with snow leopard:
1. Battery life - I saw a GREAT decrease in my battery life with snow leopard. It hardly ever held a charge. Even in the system preferences under power it said "battery condition: normal." I read online that its really only supposed to say "good." Now that I'm back to leopard it says "good" again.
2. Some apps and programs started to malfunction and "quit unexpectedly." This includes things such as: Guitar Pro, emulators, sometimes iPhoto and Safari.
3. Apps took a tad bit longer to load
4. A few days ago I changed the account permissions on my HD and it ended up making my mac not able to start up. It just sat at the grey apple screen. Had to reinstall snow leopard.
5. My incident with my drivers (which ended up being caused by #4)

So to all of you whom are either deciding to upgrade or already have upgraded to snow leopard.....please wait a good while so all the bugs are worked out. As of right now, leopard is the way to go.
oh so mac os isnt so invincible eh,

shoulda got 7,

and nice blog bro

ill stick with my 7.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I'm using snow leopard, and my macbook has been acting a bit funny since then, especially the GP crashing thing. That's been driving me nuts! I'm gonna hold out a bit longer though and see if they put out some updates soon, I have faith that they'll fix everything by the end of 09.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Didn't have a single problem with Windows 7...

But as a standard run, driver are an easy thing that can go wrong, so you should always make sure they are sorted when you get a new OS.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
You won't go back to Windows but you're having tons of problems with Mac?

You fell for the commercials bud.

I've never had a problem with Vista. Haven't tried 7, but Vista is so far my favourite OS.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
TS, how can you have a full days recording when you only have 10/24ths of the day left?
That's less than half.
I installed windows 7

I didnt need to download any drivers. Even my Pod X3 had its drivers installed automatically.

I can run Reaper, FL, etc without problems.

I paid half the price you did, and probably have better specs.

Peace Out, I was kidding.
damn you justin
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I went from Tiger to Snow Leopard. My printer that had always been a pain in the ass stopped working altogether, but other than that, I've had no problems.

But I'm on an iMac, so I don't have to worry about battery life.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by gm jack
Didn't have a single problem with Windows 7...

But as a standard run, driver are an easy thing that can go wrong, so you should always make sure they are sorted when you get a new OS.

this!

that said I dont know anything about mac os, but when vista came out **** me in the balls, my friends were pissed off at how much didnt work or wouldnt run right.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by dustyboy316
You won't go back to Windows but you're having tons of problems with Mac?

You fell for the commercials bud.

I've never had a problem with Vista. Haven't tried 7, but Vista is so far my favourite OS.

If you actually read my post you would see that I only had problems with snow leopard and not regular leopard. Hence the ENTIRE reason I made this thread haha Regular leopard runs great and will always be better than windows. But that's not my point.....my point is to warn anybody that wants to upgrade to snow.
Quote by MightyAl
TS, how can you have a full days recording when you only have 10/24ths of the day left?
That's less than half.

Well when you're 21 your day isn't supposed to start until after noon
Quote by anthsband
If you actually read my post you would see that I only had problems with snow leopard and not regular leopard. Hence the ENTIRE reason I made this thread haha Regular leopard runs great and will always be better than windows. But that's not my point.....my point is to warn anybody that wants to upgrade to snow.

yeah so u fell for the commercials as was stated

all of everything mac is supposed to "just work", oh well maybe next time...

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Mine does and I've had it for years
never a single problem
snow leopard apparently works great if your computer comes with it. Upgrading can be a disaster, or so I heard. Idk, leopard works fine for me, i'm not gonna upgrade.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by JimmyBanks6

No you're just mentally retarded. Everything DOES "just work" on a mac. Video camera? plug it in and its automatically there. Camera? same thing. an entire shitload of recording stuff that I bought? installed easily and set up in less than a few minutes. No "installing devices" or waiting. I've been a mac user for not even a year yet and I've come to the simple fact (and I mean fact) that mac is better. You can sit here and use the fact that snow leopard sucks as long as you want....and I will agree with you....but regular leopard is pretty much flawless and never fails
Quote by anthsband
No you're just mentally retarded. Everything DOES "just work" on a mac. Video camera? plug it in and its automatically there. Camera? same thing. an entire shitload of recording stuff that I bought? installed easily and set up in less than a few minutes. No "installing devices" or waiting. I've been a mac user for not even a year yet and I've come to the simple fact (and I mean fact) that mac is better. You can sit here and use the fact that snow leopard sucks as long as you want....and I will agree with you....but regular leopard is pretty much flawless and never fails

nah, your the mentally retarded fanboi, but nice one

and everything bolded proves your a huge fanboy, as well as a hypocrite, "no installed devices", "i bought recording stuff and it installed easily"

as well as all your arguments being completely opinion generated with no proof.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6

and everything bolded proves your a huge fanboy, as well as a hypocrite, "no installed devices", "i bought recording stuff and it installed easily"

I ****ing hate mac fanboys and the whole image and marketing that surrounds it
that said I've used mine everyday for 3 years (it was a gift) and it annihilates any PC I've ever used personally, that's just my experience
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Well, you seem to have an irrational hatred of Mac.
Quote by Holy Katana
Well, you seem to have an irrational hatred of Mac.

nah iv used them multiple times, i honestly dislike how they work really.

i also find it stupid how people fall for hte commercials so easily, and how apple markets their products,

if they came out wiht a new os that i enjoyed, i would have no problem buying it. however this is yet to happen

ps. i also hate fanboys.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
nah iv used them multiple times, i honestly dislike how they work really.

i also find it stupid how people fall for hte commercials so easily, and how apple markets their products,

if they came out wiht a new os that i enjoyed, i would have no problem buying it. however this is yet to happen

ps. i also hate fanboys.

I don't think people really buy them based on the commercials, most people don't pay attention to commercials
It's mostly just word of mouth
Quote by MLilienthal
I ****ing hate mac fanboys and the whole image and marketing that surrounds it
that said I've used mine everyday for 3 years (it was a gift) and it annihilates any PC I've ever used personally, that's just my experience

hahaha. Awesome. I completely agree with you. I don't agree with the image or marketing strategies, and I don't try to push Macs down people's throats. Different people like different things. However, I have used PC's and Macs, so it is easier for me to compare my experiences with them. I find most PC users who bash Macs, have either rarely or never used one as their personal computer. Though it can go both ways. I have used a mac as my personal computer for the last 8 years, with almost no problems. My parents have 2 different models, my brother one, and I have 2. Out of those 5 macs, none have had problems, and all have run pretty much flawlessly. Mac's have their downsides, as do PC's. The only way you can really decide which is better for you is to use both as a personal computer, not just "I tried a Mac (or PC) at my friend's house once and it sucked!"
Quote by TheWaydown
hahaha. Awesome. I completely agree with you. I don't agree with the image or marketing strategies, and I don't try to push Macs down people's throats. Different people like different things. However, I have used PC's and Macs, so it is easier for me to compare my experiences with them. I find most PC users who bash Macs, have either rarely or never used one as their personal computer. Though it can go both ways. I have used a mac as my personal computer for the last 8 years, with almost no problems. My parents have 2 different models, my brother one, and I have 2. Out of those 5 macs, none have had problems, and all have run pretty much flawlessly. Mac's have their downsides, as do PC's. The only way you can really decide which is better for you is to use both as a personal computer, not just "I tried a Mac (or PC) at my friend's house once and it sucked!"

Yeah I have a PC here with specs WAY better than my imac and yet my imac runs 100x faster
plus no freezing, spyware, random syntax errors, blue screen of death, etc etc
I find macs funny.. ill give them media... but they suck at processing period.. not to mention they void warranties for smoking by it. And the fact that when they get viruses they can't be fixed cause no one knows anything about it...

At least with pc you can control most of what you do.

and I have used both before. In short Macs are nice.. just not worth the money they demand for it.. plus the fact you need to have them put everything in since its a mess that only they know how to navigate the insides of those things.

But yeah... whatever floats your boat.. just hate their commercial considering their new operating systems usually are on par with windows.
Last edited by ehlert99 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Your unjust sense of superiority is hindered by your sub-first-grade grammatical skills.
Windows 7 or Ubuntu is the way to go. I've never really been a fan of using macs though. To each his own I guess.
JAMC
Last edited by RyanDude727 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by Survivalism
Your unjust sense of superiority is hindered by your sub-first-grade grammatical skills.

debating over grammatical errors shows weakness and a fail to find a true argument.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I'm still on Leopard. It works wonderfully.

True that.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Page 1 of 2