Hey everyone, new here on the UG forums, just wondering what amp you think would go best with the Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat that I'm in the process of buying.

So far, I've found the Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo, and the Peavey Valveking 1x12 combo to be good options, but I want to know your opinions.

I play almost any classic rock, some of my favorite artists are Ozzy, Van Halen, Cream, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, AC/DC, and ZZ Top. I also play some RHCP and Pearl Jam.

So basically, I'm looking for a versatile amp, and my budget max is $700, that's including speaker upgrades/whatever else you want me to do to get the amp to sound good.

Thanks in advance
Probably the 6505+ isn't the right one for you, but I think neither is the VK. You should try Marshall or Orange.
What amps would you say to go with then? I'm looking for a good tube amp, also, forgot to mention that in the first post.
As I said, Marshall or Orange. Most likely the JVM or JCM 800 (Marshall) or the Rockerverb (Orange). Blackstar does freakin' great amps as well, check out their HT-5 and Series One amps.
I play some similar stuff and im gonna get a orange rocker 30 combo pretty soon, they sound awesome and are loud enough to gig mediumish places
Alright, well I've looked at all of your suggestions so far, and most of them I wouldn't be able to pick up for $700 new, maybe used, but the Blackheart Handsome Devil is fairly cheap, and I think it'd be loud enough to do some small gigs. Now, does anyone know if you need any pedals to get it to a heavy metal type of distortion?

EDIT: Also, the Bugera V22 is looking mighty fine too. Any experiences with these?
Last edited by andes112 at Nov 29, 2009,
The V22 is great, nice cleans and great overdriven tones, though for the price you're better off getting the V55 (it's only $50 more at Guitar Center). You might want to check out the Fender Blues Jr. and the Peavey Classic 30 also, very good amps.
Last edited by phlip999 at Nov 29, 2009,