hey dudes,

i have a Dime Distortion from mxr running trough my amp with amp settings at clean (with amp dist. is sounds bad) my question was can i still use the Dime dist with a better amp with a randall or something??in dist. setting on the amp
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
I suggest you be more clear; I can hardly make out what you're trying to say. If my hunch is right, however, yes, you can use that pedal with a better amp. In fact, it will sound better with a better amp. I wouldn't recommend turning the gain up too high on both simultaneously, though; it'll be far too dirty/muddy.
Ordinarily I'd say get a new amp, but the Dime Distortion sounds bad no matter what. Turn down the gain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by TheLetheProject
I suggest you be more clear; I can hardly make out what you're trying to say. If my hunch is right, however, yes, you can use that pedal with a better amp. In fact, it will sound better with a better amp. I wouldn't recommend turning the gain up too high on both simultaneously, though; it'll be far too dirty/muddy.

that was what i was trying to say, thnx
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks
Quote by stradivari310
Ordinarily I'd say get a new amp, but the Dime Distortion sounds bad no matter what. Turn down the gain.

way the **** dos the dd always sounds bad?? i don't turn the gain all the way up
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks
Last edited by Kriske11 at Nov 29, 2009,
Sorry dude, the DD sounds waaaayyy too thin and buzzy(his "sc00p t3h midz!!!" sound), although it actually sounded good through his Randall amp, sounds damn bad on the pedal. It seems to have no fullness in it.