I play with Drop C a lot and I need to know if the D-Sonic could handle that low tuning and my .12 gauge strings?
What do you think could possibly happen to it if you tune a bit lower? It won't combust.
Well, wasn't the D-Sonic specifically made for lower tunings? Which, BTW, doesn't mean you can't do standard with it.

But yea, it's fine. It's a pickup. At the end of the day, they all do the same thing regardless of tuning.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by MicahChaney
I play with Drop C a lot and I need to know if the D-Sonic could handle that low tuning and my .12 gauge strings?

Be careful with downtuning it to Drop C, It might combust!
Quote by willT08
Mate, read my first response. You lose.

You mean you didn't get my joke?....Awww.
I have a D-sonic on the bridge of a C tuned guitar. It works great as it is specifically made to handle lower tunings. Also keep in mind that the D-sonic can be installed with the magnetic bar facing the other way and it will give you a different sound. That's how I have it and it's great for low tunings.
Quote by TrasherFromHell
I have a D-sonic on the bridge of a C tuned guitar. It works great as it is specifically made to handle lower tunings. Also keep in mind that the D-sonic can be installed with the magnetic bar facing the other way and it will give you a different sound. That's how I have it and it's great for low tunings.

What gauge are your strings?
Quote by MicahChaney

Hopefully not .12's, thing would combust!

Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by MicahChaney

I have the light top heavy bottom set form D'addario which has .10 .13 .17 .30 .42 .52