Can someone, in layman's terms, explain to me the major difference (sound-wise, mostly) between the Big Muff Pi and the Pi with the tone wicker?

I'm asking for the Big Muff Pi for Christmas, and I don't have to time to go into a shop to try out the wicker version between now and Christmas.
Will I be missing out on much with the regular Pi?

Thanks
MATTERHORN
Tone Wicker has two switches.
Tone switch turns off the tone knob. Volume is boosted massively, and it sounds a whole lot fatter. Goodbye midcut.
Wicker switch adds high-end and high mid range

With Tone engaged and wicker off you have an American Big Muff Pi.
I have a big muff with the wicker because i find the sounds more 'human' and universally useable. Plus switching the tone off is just so much better as its like an automatic sweet switch.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
So the consensus here is Tone Wicker > regular Pi?

Does it not matter that I haven't tried the Tone Wicker but have tried the regular one?
MATTERHORN
No it means i prefer the tone wicker after trying. You may not. I think the tone wicker gives you the original plus the increased adaptability.

From my point of view, the tone wicker makes it the best fuzz below boutique because of the range and organic sounds.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Okay. Well I do like versatile/flexible pedals.
I could always exchange or return it in case somehow I don't like it.

Thanks people.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
So the consensus here is Tone Wicker > regular Pi?

Does it not matter that I haven't tried the Tone Wicker but have tried the regular one?

I WOULD say that is the general consensus. Because you have the normal BMP sound there anyway, just with added options. If you don't like what the Tone Wicker adds to the pedal, you've still got a BMP to use, and so you can't really lose.
^+1
Quote by metal_fretter
Quote by ze monsta
I WOULD say that is the general consensus. Because you have the normal BMP sound there anyway, just with added options. If you don't like what the Tone Wicker adds to the pedal, you've still got a BMP to use, and so you can't really lose.

Perfect. Alright I made up my mind, I'll ask for the Tone Wicker.

Thanks again people!
MATTERHORN