me and my father are deciding to make an amp cabinet. we have the amp cabinetry down, but for speakers, we are clueless. what would you guys recommend?

please take these things into consideration

1. value
2. sound
3. watts
4. how many speakers?

i'm look for speakers with tons of "oomph" because i tend to play metal.
i'm looking for quality speakers, as in i don't want to have to purchase different speakers after these..

help is greatly appreciated.

Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
How many speakers in the cab?

I'd suggest the classic Celestion Vintage 30, or its clone the Warehouse Veteran 30.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I wouldn't recommend speakers for building a cabinet, to be fair.

Stay with me here, but have you thought about using tools? You know, saw, screws, screwdrivers and so on...maybe some glue?

For speakers (Drivers) to put IN the cabinet once made, you should probably consider what you will be driving them with...meaning, what output Amp do you have?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I'd get Celestion Vintage 30s, 60 watt each so in a 4 12, 240 watts should be plenty, they sound very clear, in my opinion the best speakers by celestion.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Sorry if this is too late. No-one can recommend you a speaker because the sound you want is so personal, however if you go with Eminence or Celestion you will be buying a quality product and both of them have sound clips on their websites so you can choose the sound you want.

If you haven't done your build yet this is a good site to help you calculate the dimensions of your speaker cab
http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/ajvented.php
lulz necrobump.
like, dont do that again. this thread is a month old.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.