We all talk about guitars, amps, and effects, but there is one aspect of the setup that always seems to go overlooked: the strap. They come in almost endless combinations of color, material, and design, and are worn in so many ways that they seem to me to be a very essential part of who you are as a guitarist.

So then, this thread is to talk about your straps! Your favorite brands, the worst ones you've ever used, your taste in strap style, and whether or not those $200 Italian glove leather straps can justify their price

Personally, I prefer the standard nylon strap with patches or stitched in designs. Right now I have a Dunlop celtic design strap for my Squier, and I just ordered a Levy's strap with a chevron on it for my '72 Tele Deluxe reissue that'll be in soon. I love my straps long as well. Having the guitar low feels really comfortable for me with my long arms.

tl;dr: This is about straps. Let's talk!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
DiMarzio Elastic Strap.

Nothing else compares (except maybe a No.1 Stretch Strap).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i have the best strap ever!!! its the joe satriani signature strap in red with his custom aliens drawn on it its the same one you always see him using live
"Sign your guitar? I'll sign your arse if you want me to!" - Herman Li, at a guitar clinic in Malaysia

Quote by Raijouta
DiMarzio Elastic Strap.

Nothing else compares (except maybe a No.1 Stretch Strap).

This and nothing else.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
I once had a Guvnor (spelling? :S) strap. Me and my first ever 'band' were playing in school, (horrendous, btw.) and the singer announced "A solo from Gabes!" and then, just at then time, BANG, my strap breaks and guitar falls to the floor.

I will never use a Guvnor strap again.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I like the comfort of leather straps, but I really hate the suede. It sticks to your shirt and makes it uncomfortable. I prefer nylon straps for that reason.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
A nice wide leather strap.

So comfy, makes a les Paul light lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I just a Comfort Strapp, a little pricey but damn it's like a TempurPedic on your back!
I hate playing standing up.

Like despise it

but when I have played standing up I used a super wide leather strap that felt really good.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
ok worst, i got desprate at a gig once coz i forgot mine and ended up using the one tht comes with guitar hero lols , best planet waves satch strap with the silver n red kinda tribal like design down it, sooooo comfy
what a stupid mother****ing thread. i use a thick planet waves strap that i stole from school ages ago and schaller straplocks.
I use any that won't break. Why waste money on something that does not affect tones?

Short straps FTW. People look stupid when their strap makes their guitar hang below their waist and can't play worth a ****. In fact, in my opinion, they look pretty stupid when they wear it low AND can play decently.

Quote by BGSM
what a stupid mother****ing thread. i use a thick planet waves strap that i stole from school ages ago and schaller straplocks.

This made me chuckle.

And to the guy that used the GH strap, I've done that before too! Except...well the ends on a GH strap are really crappy so it kinda tore.......
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray