I currently have a distortion pedal and a SS amp.
For Christmas, I'm getting a tube amp and I was wondering if I would need a distortion pedal or an overdrive pedal?

I play metalcore so i was thinking a tubescreamer or something.
;} KsE
Which amp will you get and which distortion pedal do you have?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
^This
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
For example i was thinking a peavy valveking 8, vox vt15,or vibro champ. Just a small tube amp.

I currently own a line 6 uber metal distortion mostly because it had a noise gate on it.
;} KsE
if you play metalcore then it would be best to just save up for a while so that you can get a tube amp actually suited to metal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yup +1^

The Vox vt isn't a tube amp btw, just has a preamp tube. If your looking to play metalcore, then a 5 watt tube amp isn't gonna do it, it just dosen't have the preamp gain for it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Yup +1^

The Vox vt isn't a tube amp btw, just has a preamp tube. If your looking to play metalcore, then a 5 watt tube amp isn't gonna do it, it just dosen't have the preamp gain for it.

This.

I'd save for something a little better suited.

I have a B-52 AT112 and with a boost pedal it would be good for Metalcore.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.