Hey all,

I play on a Gibson Les Paul 2008 Standard, Tradition G12 Standard (decent strat knock off). I play a little classic rock, some hard rock (like GNR+Ozzy), but I play a lot of blues (SRV), so need a good blues tone.

I went to GC (don't ridicule me) and tried the Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue 40W 1x12" Combo Amp , but I didn't have my guitar. I liked it (alot more than the Marshall Haze40) because it had a nice warm sound but also had some grit to it on the other channel.

So I am asking to anyone that has used or heard this amp if it is a good choice for my styles and will be able to have enough OD for some harder rock. I know it will be good for blues (obviously) but would like my OD question answered.

:cheers
Its So Easy
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Consider the Marshall MA series as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The overdrive channel is utter unuseable shite, and I only use it to vary the sound of my walls of feedback or as a boost into feedback territory...It can do light bluesy overdrive, but anything more you'll need a good OD Pedal. It doesn't even reach SRV overdrive tones I'm afraid. So you'll probably want a TS style pedal and/or a Marshall Voiced overdrive pedal like the Rothwell Hellbender.
Yeah that's a great clean amp, so a tubescreamer(what SRV used) would deffinately put you in the classic rock/blues territory.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Thanks for all the answers guys.

Quote by Raijouta
Consider the Marshall MA series as well.

Inform me more or give me a link. I've never heard of that series.
Quote by axethrower13

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Its So Easy
Thanks for all the answers guys.

Inform me more or give me a link. I've never heard of that series.

It's the new low cost tube amps from Marshall, I think it just got out this week so you might have hard time finding it.
Quote by Sguit
It's the new low cost tube amps from Marshall, I think it just got out this week so you might have hard time finding it.

Ok, I didn't know it was that new. I actually just found stuff about Marshall's Website.
Quote by axethrower13

Quote by ozzyismetal

Quote by Weaponxclaws
have to agree with the other,the drive channel on my BD basically have no gain at all
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Pertty good clean/light overdrive, but from what you've described I'd be looking for a british(Marshall)-voiced amp.

Depends what kind of 'blues' you play, really. Broadly speaking:

American voicing: SRV, BB King, Derek Trucks etc

British voicing: Clapton, Gary Moore, Joe Bonamassa, Slash etc

You alright buying secondhand gear or does it have to be brand new?
A used Mesa F-50 would work pretty well if you're into the American blues sound but still want great rock overdrive. You could easily find one for $700ish, and the quality is much higher than the Fender.