Yes & No.

Microphones each have a frequency responce which will tell you the frequency of which the microphone can pick-up. Human hearing range is from 20-20khz and each instrument fits into each band. You could use a kick drum mic on a bass amp as they have similiar frequency responses, but for a guitar amp you'd have to roll alot of low end off the mixing desk, otherwise you'll have unneccessary low end.
There are mics that are better suited for drums, but there is no such thing, really, as drum mics. (though they sell kits labeled as such, but.... whatever....)

An AKG RE-20, for instance, is a *very* common choice for kick drum. Very nice on bass guitar, too, but one of their most common applications is for use in radio booths. Those large diaphragm dynamic mics are what gives you that 'big radio announcer' voice.

I have a Sennheiser e602 which is fairly similar, which sounds nice on kick and bass cabs. My preference, though, for bass is to go direct with something like a Sans Amp.

One of the most common snare mics is an SM57 - a good all-round general purpose mic. (if such a thing really exists, but whatever.... haha)

Sennheiser MD421's are used a lot on toms... but they're also used a lot on guitar cabs.

Large diaphragm condensors are usually used for lead vocals in the studio, but they are often used as room mics for drum kits, guitar amps, or even as ambient mics for bass amps.

Quote by blue_strat

Otherwise.....^ This

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.