My parents say i can have £400 for Xmas, and i decided to get a jackson guitar. Im not sure which to get but i know i definately want a jackson and dont want to change the pickups (at least not for a year or 2) can you help?

Currently im going with the RX10D
I recently got a Jackson JS30RR for $400. Its has 24 frets and a Floyd rose. I'm guessing around 370 euros it would be priced at. Thats my best bet.
Try looking for DKMG or a RR3 Used in your area.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
put £30 or £40 of your own money towards it and get one of the pro series ones.

EDIT: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-2m/69487

under budget, and pro series. I think gak has a couple of other pro series ones around £400, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 29, 2009,
Yeah im trying to decide between the Jackson DK2M and the Jackson RS10D

the only difference is the shape and maple neck
Look for the Jackson DK2/2 or DKMG/t. DKMG is better but you may have to get it second hand.
On GAK there is a KVX10 for £349 which I'm thinking about
My Gear

Washburn WV40V
Vox VT30
Fender Squier Strat
Behringer UM 300 distortion pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Quote by Speed-metal9000
Yeah im trying to decide between the Jackson DK2M and the Jackson RS10D

the only difference is the shape and maple neck

The differences are a bit greater than that. Out of those two the DK2M is the better guitar. It's Pro series, while the RX10D is X series. While both are made in Japan, the Pro series are of a slightly higher quality and have better pickups and hardware. The DK2M has genuine Seymour Duncan pickups, while the RX10D has Duncan Designed pickups.

I'm actually quite surprised that GAK is selling DK2Ms for £379, that's the sort of pricing from a couple of years ago! These days you normally only find them for closer to £500.

The GAK price on the DK2M is fantastic value compared to the rest of the range. I bought one a year ago, and it's a great guitar. I'd definitely recommend it.
Quote by Banana Wedgie
But I probably would go for the DK2M, if I had too.

This or the standard DK2.

Jackson are not bad for that price they just arenot as good as the USA series.

TS ask your parents if their budge could be stretched £50 or find a used one or get an older model like a performer or fusion series they look very similar to the dinky and in good condition play well also.

Just look around and see if you can get lucky, my friend won one with a minor scratch on the back for £206 on ebay.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
The differences are a bit greater than that. Out of those two the DK2M is the better guitar. It's Pro series, while the RX10D is X series. While both are made in Japan, the Pro series are of a slightly higher quality and have better pickups and hardware. The DK2M has genuine Seymour Duncan pickups, while the RX10D has Duncan Designed pickups.

agreed. the pro series, if you can get one at that price (and you can), is the clear, obvious choice.

Quote by riflesndaisies

TS ask your parents if their budge could be stretched £50 or find a used one or get an older model like a performer or fusion series they look very similar to the dinky and in good condition play well also.

just be careful with the performers. I think the older ones are meant to be nice (i haven't tried them), but there's also a newer version (now discontinued), which was made in korea, i think, and they're not as nice as the pro series now available.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
just be careful with the performers. I think the older ones are meant to be nice (i haven't tried them), but there's also a newer version (now discontinued), which was made in korea, i think, and they're not as nice as the pro series now available.

Didnt know about that, ive heard good thinks about the one my friend has but im not sure what it is.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
aye
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Banana Wedgie
You freak of nature, why go for a Jackson for that much? All the ones I tried at that price range were pretty awful!

But I probably would go for the DK2M, if I had too.

Life would be boring if everyone liked exactly the same things! Personally, if I were to be considering buying a guitar in this sort of price range, it's very unlikely that I'd end up with anything except a Jackson Pro. Because I love them that much!
Sorry for the thread jack.

There's a local ad on Craigslist for a DK2S for $650 CDN. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Is it a good guitar? Most reviews I've read have been positive.