Ok so here's the deal...I currently own a Line 6 AX2 and so far all of the onboard effects have done me justice for practicing in my basement, so I haven't had any need to buy any pedals really except for my BOSS OD-2 and Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz V3.

So now for Christmas I'm going to ask for either a Bugera V5 (I might end up getting a V22) or a fretless bass from rondo as my main gift. Now, if I end up get the Bugera, it only has reverb, so I'd have to pretty much build my pedalboard from the ground up. This means getting a delay, a phaser, a tremolo, and maybe a reverb (since the amp has reverb, I'm still debating that one)

Now, that's alot to ask for, since my parents are trying to keep it relatively small due because we're going to Vermont for a ski trip this winter (we haven't really been affected by the recession too much, thank God). So I'm looking for cheap pedals. I know Danelectro has cheap ones that sound pretty good, but I don't know about the build quality.

LOOKING FOR CHEAP PEDALS. IS DANO A GOOD IDEA?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro

Now, that's alot to ask for, since my parents are trying to keep it relatively small due because we're going to Vermont for a ski trip this winter (we haven't really been affected by the recession too much, thank God). So I'm looking for cheap pedals. I know Danelectro has cheap ones that sound pretty good, but I don't know about the build quality.

LOOKING FOR CHEAP PEDALS. IS DANO A GOOD IDEA?

Vermont is where its at. What mountain are you going to?

Some dano's are pretty good, I think its the fab series that most UGers will agree on is some of their better stuff.
Keeping it real since '92
We're staying for 4 days (that means two days of skiing) and staying at a place that's about 30 mins from Killington and about 30 mins from Okemo. I can't ****ing wait.

The only problem with the FAB stuff is that they don't have what I need besides the Echo, but delay and echo are different. What about Cool Cat?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 29, 2009,
dont get the distortions or OD's. they are crappy in the opinion of most guys i know. the other effects are actually great for $15
if you go through ebay or other auction sites, you can find some good pedals for ridiculous prices. make sure that you buy form people in your area so you can try before you buy, because i've seen cases where people just ship the pedal enclosures or a non-working pedal.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I wasn't planning on getting OD or distortion, I was just wondering about their Tremolo, Reverb, Delay, and Phaser maybe.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
What about Cool Cat?

The cool cat serie is actually pretty good, probably due to the fact that the circuits were taken from famous boutique pedals.
How much do those Artec pedals go for?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
do not buy a fab pedal, they are utter shite. The Cool Cat series are nice pedals, metal casings that can stand up to stomping and they are true bypass. The only knock I have on them is the knob placement.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
+1 to cool cat

Fab pedal = Fap pedal
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by lkngro
How much do those Artec pedals go for?

The analog delay is about £40.
Quote by ze monsta
Except they're not good.

Dano Cool Cat series for sure. Avoid the FAB series like the plague.

Have you ever even heard any?
Actually I found out that Artec doesn't distribute in the US so that puts it out of the question. Any other ideas?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Bump.

So it looks like the Cool Cat Tremolo and the Corned Beef Reverb will do the trick for trem and reverb, but I have yet to find a good delay pedal.

So does anyone know a cheap, simple delay? ("simple" as in I want at least a feedback control and a knob that will adjust the delay time). I also want it to be able to go up to about 1 second of delay.

Electro-Hamonix Memory Toy and DeltaLab Digital Delay were options that I looked at, but are there any even cheaper alternatives?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by Darkflame
isn't the EHX #1 echo pretty cheap? IIRC, it was like 60 bucks, wasn't it ?

No, on PGS it says that it's $100, and the Memory Toy is $80.

So does anyone know how long the delay can go up to on the DeltaLab Digital Delay? It seems to be the one I'm angling more towards, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at Nov 30, 2009,