A buddy of mine is having a hard time with feedback. He's had his input replaced recently and ever since then it's been giving a massive amount of "SSSSSSSKKKKKEEEEEEEE" Feedback. lol I dunno if it's his ground or some other variable. I guess my question is....

How can he prevent feedback??

Any cheap, quick fix?
"You can either be a dick or an asshole.....but...if you're BOTH well then....you can go F*@k yourself." C.Gomez
Last edited by Soldierofpride at Nov 29, 2009,
The cheapest fix is to shield, get new cables, check out wiring, etc. The other cheaper option is to get a noise suppressor.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I had the same problem. It's probably your wiring. They're probably not getting a good connection to the prongs on the output jack.
Quote by apak
The cheapest fix is to shield, get new cables, check out wiring, etc. The other cheaper option is to get a noise suppressor.

How can a noise suppressor be cheaper than the cheapest?
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
If theyre passives, check the ground to the bridge, if theyre actives, check the ground to the pickup switch and to the output jack

A noise gate helps stops the hum, it wont really stop feedback from bad wiring.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Balmazer
How can a noise suppressor be cheaper than the cheapest?

I meant it's a cheaper option than some others out there. I mean, an NS-2 is like $45 used. It's a quick, permanent, cheap fix.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
When is he getting the feedback? Could be a case of bad wiring, or just way to much gain and high end.
they may have swapped the wires when fixing the jack.

remove the plate, and make sure the ground wire is soldered to the innermost lug.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by apak
The other cheaper option is to get a noise suppressor.

What a stupid, stupid suggestion!

Have a look at the solder joints around the jack, and also the wires leading to the jack (they can sometimes be pulled a bit loose when removing the jack itself). Check all the wires are making good contact, and that there's no vibration or movement around the pickups/bridge (if it's a very loud, harsh squeal it's more likely to be microphonics than a wiring issue).
They're passive so I figured it'd be his ground. Re-solder??
"You can either be a dick or an asshole.....but...if you're BOTH well then....you can go F*@k yourself." C.Gomez
Quote by jj1565
they may have swapped the wires when fixing the jack.

remove the plate, and make sure the ground wire is soldered to the innermost lug.

That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure to prevent any extra work or even more damage.
it's a good bet. so if you know that the ground is black for example, the you'll be able to see right off if it's soldered to the correct lug. just by looking at it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011